View RSS Feed

genshed62

1. Elsewhere Yard

Quote Originally Posted by SteamPower4ever View Post
    Yet another redesign.

This time I've slimmed the entire yard down somewhat. From 40/55/70cm module widths to 40/50/60 cm, which should save some lumber, storage/transport space and overall weight.
    I sacrificed two yard tracks and taking advise from @Heiko, I grouped the yard into two groups of four tracks, giving a better overview of the many tracks. That should make life a bit easier for the yardmasters at module meets.

The ladders may look a little strange and I'd
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. JMRI on a Raspberry Pi 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    WARNING: This is a long post and concerns computer stuff so many people may find it boring!

So, I've been running JMRI on an old laptop running Windows XP for the WiThrottle feature. The problem is that the laptop is so old that
    it doesn't have the option of WPA wireless which is what the new wireless router at home is running. I could just use a long Ethernet
    cable from the laptop to the network switch (and in fact that is what I've been doing) but it is a hassle.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Source for 1890s/1900s images good enough for scratchbuild research?

Quote Originally Posted by jimil View Post
    I'm thinking about building a small diorama for my office. It would be an Adirondack logging railroad vignette from around 1908-1910. I've got the loco and more than enough info to build the log cars, scenery etc. However, I'd like to also include a box car or flat car. Finding info with sufficient detail is eluding me. Is there anything from this era (or even slightly earlier) anyone can point me to? I'd prefer in print books or web resources.

Thanks
    Edit:
    For those stumbling
    Tags: great stuff Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Transcontinental PRR in the basement

Quote Originally Posted by eric220 View Post
    Last week, I received two beautiful new Mk II Tower Controllers, which will provide support for the turnout controls, detection, and signalling for the rest of the upper level of the layout. I plopped them down, hooked them up, and went to my trusty old (and I do mean old) laptop to configure them through JMRI...

JMRI didn't have the decoder files for the Mk II's... No problem, I'll just update JMRI, which will include the new decoder files...

Except that
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Recommended DCC Signal System: Other Than Digitrax

Quote Originally Posted by Tim R View Post
    I have a layout under construction (well, it was). My layout will have a signal system, mostly automatic block signals, with a small section being CTC. On the ABS portion, I will be using TT&TO, but that is immaterial to this discussion.

I too wanted to have a signal system that did not use a computer, and I found one that will do this. I use the NCE system for train control. One of the things I realized early on is that the signal system doesn't really need to "talk"
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast