View RSS Feed

gdmichaels

1. Jim Fitzgerald’s Legacy Inspires an Accidental Train Collector to Build N-Scale DB

George Michaels, Founder of TroveStar N-Scale Model Train Database

by George Michaels, Founder of TroveStar N-Scale Model Train Database

In the summer of 2015, I began work creating the N-Scale Model Train Database on TroveStar, a database of n-scale items released since the 1960s. As of December 20, 2017, the database tally was 47,800+ locos, rolling stock, structures
  2. Coming soon....TroveStar Rewards Program for N-scale Trains

Hi Folks,

The N Scale Database recently crossed 10,000 items and this is great! But, by our estimate, somewhere between 50,000 and 100,000 total items have been produced since 1960. Maybe more once you count European and Japanese models. I read somewhere that N Scale is more popular than HO in Japan.

We have a long way to go to be complete....

So in order to get more data added we will launch the TroveStar Rewards Program for N-scale Trains and give away N ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Atlas Revisited

The Greenberg's Train and Toy Show is coming up. So some weeks ago I started planning which modules and which (beer cans? Box cars?) and how many cars (100?) I would bring. I was discussing this with my daughter (she sometimes lends a hand with scenery painting that involves red or green, which is a life saver since I am red/green colorblind) when she asked me how I got interested in trains. This made me think of the Atlas box car, gondola and helium trains I received as a young boy.