View RSS Feed

BryanC (RIP)

1. Write-Up from Alligator Lines in Mike Fiferís Newsletter!

Iím not sure how many of you are aware of it but Fiferís Hobby has recently started distributing a newsletter1 If I am counting correctly the current issue is the second one!

Of special interest to me was the fact that he chose to include the ďHow to Ballast Your TrackĒ write-up from the Alligator Lines web site! This article (along with a number of others) also appears on his web site in the How To Pages (link at lower left of his site).

If you havenít seen it and would ...
  2. Alligator Lines Scenery Project 12: Update #1

Work started on this project shortly after the Project Overview was first published. The first thing to be done was to draw the outlines of the various areas on the base. This was followed by the removal of the Atlas track bumper at the end of the spur to be replaced with a pile of ties and some old (trails removed) ties going to the edge of the layout!

Where necessary the surface was smoothed over with some joint compound and painted the base brown I have been using. This necessitated ...
    Categories
    'N' Scale Related
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03995.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	5065   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04076.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	5066   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04146.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	5067   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04152.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	153.7 KB 
ID:	5068  
  3. First Impressions: Northeastern STS Watch Tower

Introductory note: This blog entry first appeared as a blog entry on the old site shortly before the move. With the move to the new site, the previous blog entries will remain where they are until such time as they get moved over. Since I wish to reference this particular entry in an upcoming entry, I am re-posting it here!

While marking out the Scenery Project 12 area for Alligator Lines it became rather obvious that at least one structure, beyond the planned freight depot, would ...
    Categories
    'N' Scale Related

Name:	AL_Kit_Watch_01.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	5063   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AL_Kit_Watch_08.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	5064  
  4. Waltherís Cornerstone Golden Valley Freight House

Note: This is a test of the Blog this post option that is now available in the bottom right of posts. It places the post in your blog withing Quote tags. If these tags are removed you have the post as a blog entry. However, images are not copied across using this technique. The attachments were added after the fact.

Alligator Lines has only a few built-up structures; two to be exact! The coal tower and the water tower. However, along the way I purchased the Waltherís Cornerstone Golden ...
    Categories
    'N' Scale Related

Name:	AL_BuiltUps_05.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	5033   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AL_BuiltUps_06.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	5034   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AL_BuiltUps_07.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	5035  
  5. Alligator Lines Scenery Project 12: An Overview

Note: This blog entry was originally posted in my blog on the previous site, I have copied it over here from a draft I had created earlier. THe two pictures had to be re-included as attachments (I could also have inserted them inline but thay would have been full size).

Scenery Project 12 is a relatively small area in the northeast corner of the layout comprising the two curved viaducts and the area under them which includes a spur line.

The plan is to paint the two viaducts ...
    Categories
    'N' Scale Related

Name:	DSC03986.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	5031   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03988.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	5032  
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819