View RSS Feed

BryanC (RIP)

1. Thank God for Old Farts

A friend of mine posted this on Facebook. The text at the start is her thoughts! and I must admit that I agree about not embracing the term!

"I never really embraced the terminology "Old Farts" but this makes me feel better about it.
    And if you ain't one, I bet ya you know one!
    I got this from an "Old Fart" friend of mine!"

OLD FART PRIDE
    I'm passing this on as I did not want to be the only old fart receiving it. Actually,
  2. Windows 8: My experiences

A while back there were a number of posts in the main forums about Windows 8. Or more correctly the posts were about an incompatibility between IE10 and vBulletin (The software base for this site). Nonetheless, many of the posters took the opportunity to voice their displeasure about Win8! The original problem has now been resolved. Letís take closer look at Win8 and my personal experiences with it.

Windows 8 was introduced to the world several months ago and, as we all know, it didnít ...

Updated 14th May 2013 at 06:04 PM by BryanC (RIP) (Clarifications)

Tags: windows 8 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    General (as off-topic as you want)
  3. A ride on Amtrak's Sunset Limited!

During the Christmas week of last year (2012) my wife and I took a trip, the main feature of which was taking Amtrak's Sunset Limited from New Orleans to Los Angeles. We flew from Fort Lauderdale to New Orleans where we spent three days. The train ride was 2 Ĺ days and 2 nights which was followed by another three days in Los Angeles. We then flew back to Fort Lauderdale.

All our friends wanted to see pictures and find out about the trip but all were out of town. It turned out there ...

Updated 27th Apr 2013 at 10:49 AM by BryanC (RIP) (Corrected number of pages)

Categories
    Prototype Related , General (as off-topic as you want)
  4. Some New Orleans Jazz

My wife and I took a trip from New Orleans to Los Angeles on AMTRAKís Sunset Limited over the Christmas week. I am presently preparing a description of the trip but in the mean time I thought Iíd share movie clip of some street musicians in New Orleans that we encountered!

[YOUTUBE]OIFnNA87B1k[/YOUTUBE]
  5. RAAF F-111 Belly Landing

This video was sent to me by a friend.

If you have even the slightest interest in modern military aircraft you will want to watch this video Ė especially if happen to be a Aussie!

For some reason this brought back a lot of personal memories for me. Not sure why, I was RCAF this is RAAF and I was chasing submarines around the North Atlantic while this is about jet bombers! Maybe it was just the uniforms, almost identical to mine! Although my wings had a pair of wings, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast