View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Disney's “African Cats”

As I am sure many of you realize I am a nature and animal lover. And if it involves cats so much the better. IMHO they are the most magnificent and beautiful animals on the face of the earth. Man should be there but he (and she) simply screw up on on too many occasions showing the really ugly side of our species.

In the U.S., on April 22nd, Disney is releasing his latest movie named “African Cats”. It is the story of a pride of lions led by a male named Fang and a Cheetah mother named ...
  2. Taps Played in its Entirety.

From a friend:

Here is Taps played in its entirety. The original version of Taps was called Last Post, and was written by Daniel Butterfield in 1801. It was rather lengthy and formal, as you will hear in this clip, so in 1862 it was shortened to 24 notes and re-named Taps.

The conductor of the orchestra is Andre Rieu from Holland. The young lady, Melissa Venema, age 13, is the trumpet soloist.

[YOUTUBE]H4l3Rgq-L1M[/YOUTUBE]

If you haven't ...
  3. In the Year 2525

by , 9th Apr 2011 at 01:22 PM (69Z28's Blog - A collection of train and general entries)
    There was a Rock and Roll song from the early 1960s called "In the year 2525." If I remember correctly it was a Technology protest song. Well, I liked the song but had different ideas about it's content. I missed out on the 60s hippie revolution, It had many good ideas and not all were bad, Woodstock for one thing was great.

I was a young man (21) married with a kid and another on the way. I Worked for $1.25 an hour and 4 hours a week OT. And was also a member of the Retail ...

Updated 23rd Aug 2011 at 02:32 AM by 69Z28 (Idea based on the RR song 2525 as stated. This is my Original writing copyrighted by 69z28)

Tags: "year 2525", usa Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    General (as off-topic as you want) , Non-Railroad related
  4. Five Worthwhile Pieces of Free Software! (Well, four anyway).

I came across this article today listing five pieces of free software that can be used in place of the more expensive “name brands”.

Here is the article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_techne...-free-software

The five pieces are:

1. Evernote - FREE ($5 a month if you upload more than 60MB of data). Compare to: Microsoft OneNote ($79)

2. LibreOffice – FREE Compare to: Microsoft Office ($249) ...
  5. Who says the old guys don't have it any more?

Two performances 47 years apart.

Both vids are on the same page.

http://www.flixxy.com/the-diamonds-l...-1957-2004.htm
    Categories
    Uncategorized