View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. More pics and an update

by , 19th May 2009 at 10:13 AM (Hayeswo's Farmrail blog)
    Well I've got stoked again about building benchwork(I took about a 12 month hiatus for various reasons, including moving into a new home). The bummer about it is, I get all fired up about building on my train, and that stupid grass starts to grow again. And so do the weeds. Yard work sucks sometimes.

So back to trains. I've completed structure for 2 more modules, and almost a 3rd one, which should complete the bottom section. It felt kind of weird building on my helix without ...

Updated 19th May 2009 at 09:25 PM by hayeswo

Categories
    'N' Scale Related
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04774a.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	5069   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04776a.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	5070   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04782a.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	5071  
  2. Alligator Lines Scenery Project 12: Update #1

Work started on this project shortly after the Project Overview was first published. The first thing to be done was to draw the outlines of the various areas on the base. This was followed by the removal of the Atlas track bumper at the end of the spur to be replaced with a pile of ties and some old (trails removed) ties going to the edge of the layout!

Where necessary the surface was smoothed over with some joint compound and painted the base brown I have been using. This necessitated ...
    Categories
    'N' Scale Related

Name:	DSC03995.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	5065   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04076.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	5066   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04146.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	5067   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04152.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	153.7 KB 
ID:	5068  
  3. First Impressions: Northeastern STS Watch Tower

Introductory note: This blog entry first appeared as a blog entry on the old site shortly before the move. With the move to the new site, the previous blog entries will remain where they are until such time as they get moved over. Since I wish to reference this particular entry in an upcoming entry, I am re-posting it here!

While marking out the Scenery Project 12 area for Alligator Lines it became rather obvious that at least one structure, beyond the planned freight depot, would ...
    Categories
    'N' Scale Related

Name:	AL_Kit_Watch_01.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	5063   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AL_Kit_Watch_08.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	5064  
  4. The Dogeared & Broken Spine Rail Road

Well, I've always appreciated the time & effort people have taken to document & share their layouts and experiences, so I guess it's time to return the favor.

I'm pretty computer iliturat, so there's no way I can do a website, but maybe I can post some picts and share some experiences here.

Up until now, my model railroading experience mainly involved going to the local HO club layout at the Walnut Creek Model Railroad Club:
    http://www.wcmrs.org/
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. So here's the plan.....

by , 12th May 2009 at 02:56 PM (Hayeswo's Farmrail blog)
    Here is my plan. I like to call it the 30 year plan, because it will probably take me 30 years to build it(I hope not). Anyway, it's good to have dreams right? It's a double decker, with the top deck being a little more elaborate. The bottom deck floor to rail distance is 44.5" and the top distance floor to rail is 60" with a helix in the middle giving approximately a 1.5' rise at around 1.8% grade. I've been working on this plan for about 3-4 years, and am just now feeling pretty ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized

Name:	plan_bottom_layer.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	5057   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plan_top_layer.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	5058