View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Pinnacle & Western - Floorplan

Here's the new footprint for PWRR.

Attachment 89112

The layout footprint (in black) measures approx. 125 in. by 112 in.
    The red areas are access paths to the closet on the left, and the circuit breaker box in the top right.
    The orange circle shows where the helix will be located.

Here's the new footprint with the old footprint overlayed in blue.

Attachment 89113

The original design had access around ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Floorplan.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	89114   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Floorplan with old overlay.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	89115  
  2. Life: 1 - Model Railroading: 0

Not much progress has been made on the Pinnacle & Western since my last post. It seems like life has demanded more than it's fair share of time in the last few months. Even though there's been no construction progress, a lot of thinking has gone into the PWRR.

I've decided to redesign the layout structure. In the first design, the only access to the interior was by crawling under the layout. Like everyone else, I'm getting older and stiffer, and the more I think about it, ...
    Categories
    Construction
  3. Futuristic Amtrak on commercial this morning TV

An animated passenger train featured on a commercial about some prescription drug either during the View or some other program.

Saw the Rocky Mountaineer train on PBS last night. Passenger train runs north from Vancouver, Canada for several hours on a scenic trip. New cars & engine. Wish Amtrak would be updated.
  4. New locomotive + rolling stock database for OS X and iOS!

I just started creating my own database for all my locos and rolling stock, complete with drop-down boxes, radio-buttons, photo fields, and other neat stuff. I'm building it in an app called Ninox for OS X (also available for iOS). Here's my first sample screen:

Customizable drop-down fields are a breeze!

For Windows users, if there's enough ...

Updated 20th Feb 2017 at 06:48 AM by Metrolink

Categories
    'N' Scale Related
  5. Nikon's ultimate portrait lens!

Nikon's ultimate full-frame portrait lens: The new AF-S Nikkor 105mm f/1.4E ED.

Wow! A couple months ago, Nikon launched something photographers have been dreaming about: An f/1.4 105mm portrait lens. It's a real beauty, and by all reports, this lens is nothing less than magical. It also comes with a magical price: $2,196.95. But as many photo enthusiasts are aware, f/1.4 lenses are the Holy Grail of fast lenses, permitting ...
Page 1 of 136 123451151101 ... LastLast