View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. New locomotive + rolling stock database for OS X and iOS!

I just started creating my own database for all my locos and rolling stock, complete with drop-down boxes, radio-buttons, photo fields, and other neat stuff. I'm building it in an app called Ninox for OS X (also available for iOS). Here's my first sample screen:

Customizable drop-down fields are a breeze!

For Windows users, if there's enough ...

Updated 20th Feb 2017 at 07:48 AM by Metrolink

Categories
    'N' Scale Related
  2. Nikon's ultimate portrait lens!

Nikon's ultimate full-frame portrait lens: The new AF-S Nikkor 105mm f/1.4E ED.

Wow! A couple months ago, Nikon launched something photographers have been dreaming about: An f/1.4 105mm portrait lens. It's a real beauty, and by all reports, this lens is nothing less than magical. It also comes with a magical price: $2,196.95. But as many photo enthusiasts are aware, f/1.4 lenses are the Holy Grail of fast lenses, permitting ...
  3. Indian Rock Rwy dark side

Since my 2016 Accident I can no longer model N scale because of nerve damage in my left shoulder/arm.

So since I still love this site and others here allowing me to model dark side in this blog area.

I will as soon as i get a day off post some pics of what I've been working on.

First will be a beat up worn out stewart F7A that I have created some damaged panels on as it's a war weary rail veteran.

Just received 5 passenger cars and an E8A for ...

Updated 31st Jan 2017 at 11:24 PM by Vince P

Categories
    General (as off-topic as you want)
  4. My roster of freight cars & engines

Attached are 2 rosters I created in pdf format. One is for freight cars and the other is for engines with or without DCC. I used Yard Office, a commercial database designed for model railroaders. There are 2 HO boxcars & 1 O gondola in the list. Sometimes I show others the size of these versus N-scale.

-Dennis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Files
  5. LBRC rail expansion

The Lynchburg-Blue Ridge-Culpeper Railway is expanding throughout Virginia. The board of directors is contemplating a new company name that would be a better representation of the company as a whole due to the rail expansion.....stay tuned!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 136 123451151101 ... LastLast