• Guide to assembling Micro Trains 1015 couplers

How many swear words do you blurt out each time you assemble a Micro Trains coupler?

This video by Rich Brungard might help keep your language clean.

http://youtu.be/0zqGY47HuU4
    Comments 8 Comments
      REM37411 -
      Great video Metro! I put a few of those things together years ago and they were definitely a pain. If I decide to assemble anymore I will use your technique! Thanks for posting this.
      MetroRedLn -
      Quote Originally Posted by REM37411 View Post
      Great video Metro! I put a few of those things together years ago and they were definitely a pain. If I decide to assemble anymore I will use your technique! Thanks for posting this.
      Thanks but it's not my video, it's from YouTube user Rich Brungard.
      REM37411 -
      Great. Now i have to disassociate your name with that voice.... Still a great tutorial, thanks for sharing!
      absnut -
      The 1015 is probably the easiest one to assemble. Stange fellow that I am, I actually enjoy buying the bulk pack and assembling them. I got so I could do the 20 of them in about an hour. And then, I broke down and bought the MT assembling jig and cut that time in half. The assembly device is a good investment.
      Tred -
      Funny you shold post that? I have 3 passenger cars on my work bench, I am converting trucks over on. LOL When I get home from work, I'll have to check out the video.

Thanks,
      gary60s -
      Good Tutorial. As Dick mentioned, the assembly jig is a great timesaver. Another huge aid is a spring holder (http://www.nscale.net/forums/showthr...MT-spring-tool). Thanks for posting Metro.
      k225 -
      Inspirational, I've done them in HO but never tried them in N scale. Now lets get at it!
      bbruff -
      Quote Originally Posted by REM37411 View Post
      Great information and I'm inspired to try once again to get those buggers together! Several comments said they use the coupler jig. I have one, but have not been successful in using it. How to the things work? Any one want to do a video using the jig?