Thread: 9th Ohio N-scale Weekend opens today 10am

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 9th Ohio N-scale Weekend opens today 10am

All, per the Calendar, the 9th edition of the Ohio N-Scale Weekend opens to the public today, Saturday, May 20, at 10am, closes at 5pm, opens Sunday, May 21, 9am closes at 3pm. Franklin County Fairgrounds, 4100 Columbia St., Hilliard, OH 43026. Single day admission over 12 years old $5.00. All N Scale Show, 12 layouts, 58 tables of items you may need.
    Anybody plan to attend?
    Last edited by Bryan; 22nd May 2017 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Amended to meet the forums posting rules to avoid deletion.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CASMMR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 447 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See you there!
    Bo D.
    B&O Keyridge Subdivision
    I'm not allowed to run the train, the whistle I can't blow. I'm not allowed to say how fast the Railroad Train can go.
    I'm not allowed to shoot off steam, nor even clang the bell. But let the damned Train jump the track, and see who catches hell!

Delray Beach, Florida, USA - Ex Busselton, Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,161 Times in 1,129 Posts
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@CASMMR since this forum is for the discussion of events and not to list them, please give us some feedback on how it went.
    Bryan
    “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” ~ Leonardo da Vinci (1452–1519)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The event was a lot of fun for those who attended. Clubs attending with layouts included Galesburg City Job, Central KY T-TRAK, Burning River, CANS, Crooked River, Cantington, Dayton-N-Track, NEINS, NJSouthern, Pittsburgh Lite Trak, Queen City-N-Gineers,TRAINTRAK, and host club Con-TRAK. It was 3 days of fun, all N no other scale. We had individual participants from Missouri, Ontario, New York, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Michigan. I was so busy with the registration desk that I could not take pictures, do not know how to post them anyway. If anyone on this forum took pictures, please post them for all to see. The main purpose behind this gathering is to allow N scalers to meet other N scalers and become friends and exchange ideas. It succeeded in this. Bryan, I hope this gives you the feed back you wanted. Also, any of you who attended, please post your comments on how the Ohio N-scale Weekend went form your view point. I know, I know no food vendor was a problem this year. The choice of food vendor is up to the Franklin County Fairboard and they had some mis-communication with the food vendor that left us with no food vendor for the weekend. For some pictures, PennsyPride posted a lot of pictures on therailwire.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 447 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was great to meet you Craig!

Overall I thought that it was a great show. My only constructive criticism would be to get into a bigger venue. I think the fair grounds is a great place to have it as the parking is really convenient, but the isle ways were pretty tight in some areas, especially in some vendor's areas. I know the host club doesn't control how much stuff vendors bring, but it looked like the show as a whole could have used some space. That is a good thing though!

Other then that, it was a great show with deals to be had!

No pictures this year unfortunately due to a tight schedule.

Eventually, I would like to see my club from Athens bring our layout.
    Bo D.
    B&O Keyridge Subdivision
    I'm not allowed to run the train, the whistle I can't blow. I'm not allowed to say how fast the Railroad Train can go.
    I'm not allowed to shoot off steam, nor even clang the bell. But let the damned Train jump the track, and see who catches hell!