Thread: Images of Greater Waikato Railway Modellers Club (GWR) Exhibition 9-10 August 2017

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 800 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Images of Greater Waikato Railway Modellers Club (GWR) Exhibition 9-10 August 2017

The Greater Waikato Railway Modellers Club (GWR) held their first-ever exhibition over the weekend of 9-10 September 2017.

The event was held in the Cambridge (New Zealand) Town Hall, with the avowed intention of raising funds to send junior members of the local Brass band to France in November 2018 to participate in celebrations to nark the Centennial of the WWI battle for le Quesnoy; a location which has local relevance as several locals died while participating in the fighting.

The event was not however totally 'railway' focussed. A local quilting group was an active participant, and the local 'Dolls House Group displayed some of their 1:12 scale models.

Although I am a member of the GWR, prior commitments meant that did not participate in the actual exhibition. I was however able to spend an hour visiting the various layouts and herewith some ome pics of the exhibits which were taken at the time. The layouts were in a variety of scales with OO/HO predominating.

The exhibition appeared to be well-attended, to the extent that it was difficult to get clear photos of several of the layouts or to identify the majority of those that I saw, while unfortunately the lighting wasn't the best. I will however provide such details as I recall alongside the individual images.

DSCF0311 (2) by

1. OO Scale, running 'Thomas and Friends' locomotives and rolling stock.

DSCF0298 (2) by

2. HO Scale, NZ themed. This was a 'self-drive' layout intended to encourage children 's participation. Locomotives are Fraetischi units based-on NZ prototypes.

DSCF0299 (2)

3. OO Scale, British Themed. This was the largest layout on display and although formerly owned by the now-closed Matamata MRC is now the property of the GWR; the organisers of the exhibition.

(Apologies for the colour)

DSCF0300

4. OO Scale: British Themed. This is another view of the layout in Image 3.

DSCF0302 (2) by

5. HO Scale: Swiss outline

DSCF0305 (2)

6. OO Scale: British outline

DSCF0306 (2)

7. 'N' (U.S.1:160) No specific prototype, US-inclined

DSCF0307 (2)

8. TT Scale Triang railways

DSCF0308 (2)

9. HO scale, New Zealand inclined.

DSCF0309 (2)

10. (US) N scale (1:160) A continuous-run representation of New Zealand's Raurimu Spiral (Think Tehacchapi in miniature)

Komata "TVR - serving the Northern Taranaki . . . "

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Komata For This Useful Post: