Thread: More Trailers from JunctionDesign

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default More Trailers from JunctionDesign

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening!

It's been a crazy few months for me...my local modular club, the Eastern Benders, hosted their first annual train show - which myself and one other member spearheaded, organized and developed from the ground up. My career work has been insane, with big customers and big projects all over creation. And my hobby work has been equally steady, but with mostly non-railroady customer commissions, and a couple of *gasp* HO projects crossing my desk.

This is the first real, honest N-scale work I've been able to crank out in the last few months. A few days off work due to an illness allowed me to finish them and upload them.
    So, I present to you, Three different N-scale Trailers in a total of EIGHT configurations.
    As always, I welcome criticism and feedback, as well as customer requests and commissions.

The first model is an 18-foot Car Trailer. It is based on a typical open-deck Car Hauler, with Wheel Strap Rail across the front and slide-in rear ramps that store in the frame and sit in place when loading a vehicle. This model is a scale 18-feet long, with a 14-foot deck and 4-foot beavertail, sitting on 3,500lb Torflex axles. It comes in three configurations....Towing, Loading & Parked

The second model is an 18-foot long Equipment Trailer, this model features a low-height, solid deck and beavertail with slide-in rear ramps that store in the frame and sit in place when loading something on the trailer. This model is a scale 18-feet long, with a 14-foot deck and 4-foot beavertail, sitting on 7,000lb Torflex axles. This model also features a mounted spare tire. It comes in three configurations....Towing, Loading & Parked

The third trailer for this round of uploads is a 14-foot, 7 cubic yard Tridem Dump Trailer. This model is a scale 14-feet long, sitting on 3 x 7,000lb Torflex axles, and features split rear doors for easy unloading as well as a forward-mounted roller tarp for covering the load. It comes in only two variations, Parked & Towing.

All these models, and many more, are available direct from my Shapeways Shop. Please feel free to browse around, but the trailers are located in the "Trailer" heading on the left side.
    https://www.shapeways.com/shops/junctiondesign

Thanks for the interest and support!
    AR
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Siderod (II)
    Andrew Reid
    Junction Design
    Custom Designed N-scale Stuff!
    www.shapeways.com/shops/junctiondesign

Have a product you would like to see made in N?
    Feel free to get in touch with suggestions!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to siderod For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quick status update ...
    A customer actually beat me to the punch on ordering one of these trailers, and Shapeways notified me that there appeared to be a problem with the model that occurred during the print process. We exchanged a few e-mails and some pictures, and discovered the weakness. All models and variations underwent a small redesign to eliminate the problem, and the models have been updated on Shapeways.

Thanks!
    Cheers,
    AR
    Siderod (II)
    Andrew Reid
    Junction Design
    Custom Designed N-scale Stuff!
    www.shapeways.com/shops/junctiondesign

Have a product you would like to see made in N?
    Feel free to get in touch with suggestions!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to siderod For This Useful Post: