PDA

View Full Version : Boxcab-en-stein

ejsneonss
9th May 2006, 09:28 AM
Looks pretty cool

Iain
9th May 2006, 10:00 AM
John Heathman (JohnH) of the Atlas board may have some truck sideframes that would work for you.

sams
9th May 2006, 01:37 PM
very nice :l

oroka
9th May 2006, 01:55 PM
very nice :l

bikerraypa
9th May 2006, 02:08 PM
John Heathman (JohnH) of the Atlas board may have some truck sideframes that would work for you.

I kinda like the weird-looking Japanese trucks :-) I found a tank here for an Atlas RS-1, so I'll hack it up and put it underneath. It will probably get painted a darker gray than the primer in the photo. I primed it to make it easier to see the seams so I can remove them, but then I couldn't wait so I just slapped on some of my decals and let 'er rip. :D With a little work, I think I can make a nice model of this.

oldcook43
9th May 2006, 05:05 PM
:D
I like it a lot. Mostly cosmetic changes might improve looks, but it's good enuf for me. Kind of reminds me of my 1976 American Motors Pacer I had - hope your Boxcab lasts longer than my Pacer. Just cute as a bug's ear.

oldcook43

CSXT
10th Feb 2007, 07:38 PM
Thats unique. Looks like something you'd see in narrow gauge.

superdan
10th Feb 2007, 09:41 PM
That is very cool and very resourceful!! Looks great!

Dan...

Thelron
10th Feb 2007, 10:25 PM
*checks picturebooks* hmm...

now I just have to find a centercab chassis, a cracked combine, and a bell...

Nice stuff!

Enwhycentral
14th Mar 2007, 09:00 AM
Nice work! Question - Did you have to cut in the cab windows on the front end or did the Bachmann combine come that way?

TrainFreak
16th Mar 2007, 02:52 PM
Hey Bikerraypa...

What did you use to get rid of the seams made by the cut? My Steasel could use a little of that...

bikerraypa
16th Mar 2007, 11:53 PM
Nice work! Question - Did you have to cut in the cab windows on the front end or did the Bachmann combine come that way?

That's how they came. The Bachmann was a very easy platform to start from.

Hey Bikerraypa...

What did you use to get rid of the seams made by the cut? My Steasel could use a little of that...

Plain old Squadron Putty works just fine. :l

Ray