PDA

View Full Version : Testing my new camera

Roque
23rd Nov 2009, 04:29 PM
We got a new camera last week, so I thought I would go out and test it at the tracks. The first video I shot I was surprised by something coming from behind me. Since this was just a test video to see the quality, its not steady, I had my two year old on my knee and my five year old was bumping my arm all wile I was kneeling on one knee.

Bh2jYL7uvWk

bigford
23rd Nov 2009, 07:01 PM
nice vid what type of camera is it??

Roque
23rd Nov 2009, 07:29 PM
Canon Power shot SD780 is

We had the older power shot and loved it so much, when we upgraded we just got the newer version. Glad we did too. The picture quality is unbelievable! Video is good to, and shoots in HD.

MooseID
23rd Nov 2009, 08:16 PM
It looks like a good quality camera. If that is your first try, you did better than I did on my firat try with a video camcorder.

If you invest in a tripod, or even a monopod, I wont get so seaseick on your next video.:smile:

Redesford
24th Nov 2009, 05:31 AM
A great video Rogue, thanks for posting, mate!

landscaping wiz 808
28th Nov 2009, 02:50 PM
I wonder if passing the train going the opposite direction made the driver of the pickup a little nervous...:eek:

BOB

lazaro
2nd Dec 2009, 09:54 PM
That sure looks good, even with the kids help, congratulations.
By the way, quite a consist,

Komata
2nd Dec 2009, 10:23 PM
Roque

A very interesting video - thanks for sharing it with us.

A question for the membership: What are the US RR rules about tank cars and 'runners' (Spacers) on a train?

I ask this as it seemed to me that groups of tank cars (presumably all carrying the same materials), were carefully placed within the train that Roque filmed (and presumably others acrtoss the USA) and that they had non-tank wagons between these groups to act as a form of protection if anything (fire, leakage etc) should go wrong en route.

In New Zealand, these 'spacer/protector wagons are known as 'Runners' and are placed according to very strict guidelines (Three runners behind the locomotive, Three ahead of the guards van (if applicable) and last three vehicles on any train carrying combustables to be of non-tank type). Runners could/can be variously of box, hi-side, or container configuration.

Can anyone enlihghten me on this - presumably the ARR or the FTA will have appropriate rules?

Thanks.

colemancol
12th Dec 2009, 01:02 PM
Nice video. You are using Canon camera so quality automatically comes.
Have a nice day.

Bigsparky65
16th Dec 2009, 02:18 PM
Very nice video, i have some video that i shot from around Steamtown National Historical Site.:cool:

Sparky(Jeff)

Train Kid
16th Dec 2009, 02:58 PM
Sweet.

Thanks for posting that vid.

man7sell
16th Dec 2009, 04:04 PM
Awesome video thanks

Therios Pendragon
16th Dec 2009, 06:24 PM
It almost made me jump when the truck went by on the other set of tracks... what a catch! nice video too...

Train Kid
16th Dec 2009, 06:30 PM
It almost made me jump when the truck went by on the other set of tracks... LOL. So true! :p

REM37411
23rd Apr 2010, 08:44 AM
Wow, what a great video! I jumped just a bit too when that truck showed up! Aesome job!