PDA

View Full Version : help with CA glue

epumph
21st Jan 2011, 02:30 PM
I hope this is in the right forum - maybe should be in with structures? If so, admins please move.
Anyway, I have a real bad time with CA going bad. What I need is some advice on how to keep the stuff viable for a reasonable period. I have read that putting it in a tightly sealed jar and then lay the jar on its side and put it into a fridge helps. Any comments?
Is there a type of CA that is better than the others?
Help, please.

seanm
21st Jan 2011, 02:46 PM
I would only put unopened tubes in the fridge. Once you open them there is a good chance for condensation and that can "kick off" the glue.

I now ONLY buy the smallest tubes available and don;t bother with the fridge. I make sure that I never touch the tip to anything... most frequently I will drip the CA on paper and then use a toothpick to apply it... Then I make sure I store the bottle upright. I can usually but not always get through an entire little tube that way. . I buy HUGE bottles of kicker when needed though.

CTnscale
21st Jan 2011, 03:05 PM
I have had the best shelf life from Pacer/Zap CA, keep it capped tight and in a cool dark place, I usually get .5 ounce bottles and use most of it.

MooseID
21st Jan 2011, 06:17 PM
If you put it in a freezer the shelf life will be extended. You need to let it thaw before you can use it.

BryanC (RIP)
21st Jan 2011, 08:00 PM
... You need to let it thaw before you can use it.:surprised::surprised::idea:>:-}>:-}