PDA

View Full Version : MRC Sound System

jimr1cos
13th Apr 2012, 09:19 PM
Anyone have any experiences with the MRC Symphony 77 sound system? My layout is DC so I need a stand alone system.
How is the sound quality?
Jim

coffeeman
14th Apr 2012, 06:55 AM
I don't have direct usage but I first came across the system on a layout tour, sounded decent then.

Its in my long term plans for the layout

Realwally
14th Apr 2012, 08:28 AM
I have this system, as well as the Town and Country system. Sound quality of the 77 system is very good. I tend to keep the volume turned down because when the 77 sound system is turned up, I can't hear myself think. If there are downsides, the ones that come to mind (but are only minor) are, the length of the speaker cables could be longer (it wouldn't be hard to join extra cable lengths) and the diesel rumble or steam chuff only come out of one speaker - not stereo, and you do not get the fade in and out effect that comes from sound decoders in DCC locos which are moving around the layout.

I am very satisfied with both MRC sound systems and I believe you will be pleased with the 77 sound system.

TexasJeff
14th Apr 2012, 09:48 AM
I use the MRC 312 and the MRC Town and Country, the sound quality is not the best. But it does add a nice dimension to the layout. I used the rail clack and insects sounds the most. They add a nice touch to videos with them as background noise.

jimr1cos
14th Apr 2012, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the helpful responses. My current layout is basically complete, so I'm looking for enhancements. Fifer Hobby has this on sale, so there goes aother chunk of my tax refund.
Jim