PDA

View Full Version : Con-Cor Gloves

coffeeman
10th Dec 2012, 12:02 AM
Has anyone tried these, or suggest an alternative: http://www.con-cor.com/Gloves.html

Winter photography gloves, where the finger tips flip open to adjust/fine tune the settings on the camera.

Look very interesting, but I wonder if their warm in winter. Canadian winter........

Michael Whiteman
10th Dec 2012, 04:16 AM
Years ago I cut a couple of finger tips off some army surplus wool gloves so I could operate my camera. Personally, I think the flip back finger tips would just be a PITA and drive the cost of this commercial product up.

m301
10th Dec 2012, 09:58 AM
I did that last year while filming in November. I took an old pair of gloves and just snipped off the finger tips.
I was able to keep filming and my hands didn't freeze!!

epumph
10th Dec 2012, 11:05 AM
FWIW, I use 'fingerless' wool gloves for winter fishing. My hands usually stay pretty warm, even when wet. I didn't make the gloves but they were only abt $5 (probably more now).
Example:
http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/search.cmd?N=0&fsch=true&Ntk=AllProducts&Ntt=fingerless+wool+gloves&WT.srch=1&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=google|mec_Gloves_Ragg+Wool|USA&WT.z_mc_id1=sVV9tUuRl&rid=20&pcrid=17706749596

seanm
10th Dec 2012, 12:43 PM
I had some like yours Gene, but as I recall they were called "millers mits" Tips of all fingers were exposed similar to the first picture. They were a very course woolen yarn. A web search did not revieal any results under that name. Odd. They did keep my hands suprisingly warm.

coffeeman
10th Dec 2012, 01:32 PM
My challenge is I'm trying to find an all in one glove. Warmth, ability to operate the small buttons on a camera, with a sense of grip from a tactical sense.

If I cut off tips, the finger tips are exposed. Brrrrrr. If I use the mitts I've always called smokers gloves where a mitt flips up over the gloves that have the tips off. Unfortunately I can't use those in a tactical situation.

coffeeman
11th Dec 2012, 10:22 AM
I decided to try out some flies from North Face. Sportchek had them on sale this week for $14.

They seem warm-ish and I brought in my little point and shoot and was able to operate all the little buttons.

Bring on winter!

bigford
12th Dec 2012, 08:24 PM
you think con cor would just stick to trains!!!!

SKMoss
29th Apr 2013, 11:53 PM
I just use Air Force Nomex flight gloves when it's cold. They give a pretty good tactile feel and a good into pretty chilly weather. When it gets too cold I have a pair of large (big enough to fit my hands with the flight gloves on) ski mittens that I can keep on, until I am ready to take a shot.