PDA

View Full Version : Double decker trams

Trentbradbury
20th Sep 2014, 09:57 AM
I keep seeing these awesome looking double decker trams on You Tube. other than the unpowered tram from Hong Kong on eBay I really have not seen many available. Any resources anyone could pass on would help.
Trent

baronjutter
20th Sep 2014, 12:03 PM
If you're looking for rare or custom-made trams look no further than this fellow.
http://www.modelytramvaji.websnadno.cz/N---1160-CenikPreislistSale.html

He custom makes brass kits for various trams, mostly central european but a few american prototypes as well. He also takes custom orders too. He could most likely make you one, or if a kit by someone else exists he could point you in the right direction. I almost got some trams from him but it just wasn't in the budget. He does excellent work though! Send him an email, his english is fine.

Trentbradbury
20th Sep 2014, 12:45 PM
His stuff is awesome...I must have the same financial advisor as you. I was advised that one could be mine in about 40 years... seeing as I just turned 58.... in England they have 1:140 diecast double deck trams. It might be time to try a kit bash

baronjutter
20th Sep 2014, 01:19 PM
If you could get the frame, measure out the inside, and see which tomix tram chassis fits inside you'd be in business. Check out the ebay store "plaza japan" they have a ton of tiny motor/wheel units designed for powering tram shells of various sizes.

Eliphaz
20th Sep 2014, 04:39 PM
A few years back a fellow on another board motorized an old die cast tram body with one of those little tomix power chassis
http://www.nscale.org/forum/showthread.php?p=271037#post271037
excellent result Id say.

Trentbradbury
21st Sep 2014, 08:19 AM
that's cool I am surprised that no one makes a commercially produced tram..

baronjutter
21st Sep 2014, 12:50 PM
Trams just sadly aren't a big enough market. They generally go with urban scenes, and urban modelers are a very tiny percentage of model railroaders.