PDA

View Full Version : Making a video for an online video site?

Jenn Popp
14th Feb 2021, 07:26 PM
I'd like to make a video of my layout suitable for posting on the popular internet video sharing site we all know. (Didn't mention the name because I don't know if it violates the rules). This is not my forte and I have no equipment other than a cell phone. I was thinking of "hiring" a local student who needs a subject for a class project and letting them do it for me. I have seem some awesome videos on line and some not so good. I'd like mine to be one of the good ones. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

New
14th Feb 2021, 11:05 PM
I work in the “film” industry. I think it’s a great idea to get a local kid interested in video production to produce your video as a learning experience for a school project (I wouldn’t pay them). Show them the type of videos you like and explain why. Explain to them your intended audience/demographic. He/she will learn something and you will also learn something. You will find that with good lighting, camera/phone placement and decent editing techniques it is very simple to achieve what you’re after with very inexpensive equipment and software.

Chad

SteamPower4ever
15th Feb 2021, 04:11 AM
What Chad said above.

Also, the most important thing when making a video is the editing. I've come home from a day of filming with really rubbish recordings and managed to get a decent video from it anyway. So if you're not interested in digging into that yourself, getting a student to do it sounds like a great way to go.

Edit: And you get to write "Executive Producer" on your resume :lol:

el Gato Gordo
15th Feb 2021, 09:09 AM
Edit: And you get to write "Executive Producer" on your resume

And the student can insert credits at the end: videographer, editor (student's name); director, executive producer (your name).

Jenn Popp
15th Feb 2021, 12:34 PM
Thank you everyone! I will pursue it.