PDA

View Full Version : Help spec this air compressor

MOPAC1
18th Jan 2004, 10:46 AM
The image you posted didn't open up, so I don't know what it looks like. A couple of important features to look for; 1) your system should have a holding tank for the air. For modeling purposes, it doesn't have to be very big. The tank is important as the compressor will "pulse" the air if you do a direct feed to the air brush. I recommend a small tank that you pressurize in advance, then just spray off the tank air. 2) a water trap is a good idea also, and you can get these at any NAPA or other good auto parts stores. Also think about a pressure regulator, which you can get from the same stores.

The PSI rating doesn't have to be that high also. I use a Badger dual action airbrush, and I turn my pressure down from 95PSI for my air tools, to about 35PSI, depending on the type of paint I use. I use Badger paints mostly, right out of the bottle. If you thin them, you can run an even lower PSI setting.

Hope this helps, MOPAC 1

18th Jan 2004, 10:50 AM
Hofy must have taken the picture off his ISP site. It was quite a looker. Very interesting. Sorry you didn't get a chance to see it.

Hofy - If you want, send me the picture and I will host it here and edit the link in your original post. It's one of those obscure items I think would be neat to keep available to everyone.