PDA

View Full Version : New Feature - Rail News

ClassC
12th May 2004, 10:35 PM
I've clicked through a couple headlines since I. It's different from trainorders which I scan every so often.

I just discovered from your news service that a tornado hit where my wife lives in Texas. She's in Michigan and now I need to call!

So how's that for service!

12th May 2004, 10:54 PM
The power of the Internet at your service!

ClassC
12th May 2004, 11:01 PM
The power of the Internet at your service!Well, the cat sitter isn't answering email so we're trying telephone. I do wish that the first photo I turned up on the internet didn't show the fence around the apartment complex . . . Reports are light damage to homes. No reports on the Houston media about terrified cats . . .

Update; Cat sitter Blackberried a email that Gaylord and Iris are fine. Missed them by a good hundred yards. So, technology does it again.

ClassC
12th May 2004, 11:13 PM
Did I tell you that I love the news feature?

Bryan
13th May 2004, 08:56 AM
I missed the arrival of the new Rail News feature :oops: 'cause it was lower on the page, and I haven't been scrolling down to look for new stuff... I've just been turning up to check for new posts, and I haven't even been doing that as often now that things have closed down... :cry:

As far as being worth the space it uses, I'd say "yes"... it is another current and dynamic feature of the site, and it also helps balance out the page (similar amounts of materials in each column)...

The more dynamic stuff a site has, the more often people are likely to visit to see what's new... this is one of the plusses for the Forums, they bring traffic (and repeat traffic) to see what's new... otherwise it becomes a place of reference and you only visit when you want to find something in particular... kind of the difference between a newspaper and a dictionary...

GNFA310
16th May 2004, 04:22 PM
Yeah?!? :evil: And?? :twisted:

Actually, it's great.

Thanks,

railohio
16th May 2004, 08:49 PM
The power of the Internet at your service!Update; Cat sitter Blackberried a email that Gaylord and Iris are fine. Missed them by a good hundred yards. So, technology does it again.

Errrr... Gaylord? And I thought I was the only one crazy enough to name a cat that! :P

Got any photos of your critters?

ClassC
17th May 2004, 09:08 PM
Errrr... Gaylord? And I thought I was the only one crazy enough to name a cat that! :P
Got any photos of your critters?

I'll post them in the bee keeping forum as soon as Todd takes the lock off!