PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR theft in San Antonio from Model RR dealer

colonel_26
8th Jun 2004, 12:40 AM
I hope someone catches whoever stole their inventory!!! :evil:

Snoozer
8th Jun 2004, 12:42 AM
Oh man George and Debra. That really has to hurt. I know my sympathy can't help replace your losses, but I extend it to you anyway. I haven't ordered from you yet, but I guess I'll place an order in about a week, as soon as you've had some time to work on this awful mess.

:cry: and :evil:

70Runner
8th Jun 2004, 01:34 AM
That's terrible! I hate people that make their living by stealing other peoples livelyhood. :cry: :evil:

siderod
8th Jun 2004, 09:44 AM
It's a true loss and i hope they catch the people who had the nerve to steal from George...

Never placed an order, either...never thought i would, maybe now i will...

joekc6nlx
8th Jun 2004, 09:59 AM
:x :x :x :x

I hope the Motel 6 had parking lot surveillance cameras. It seems to me that it would have been obvious that something wasn't right if they taped someone in the act of "transferring ownership" via 5-finger discount into another vehicle. Even if the night clerk was momentarily distracted by a customer, or even an accomplice of the perps, the cameras are not distracted.

I hope that George and Deb are able to recover their losses. I also hope that the police are successful in apprehending the jerks who did this and that the court makes them pay restitution to George and Deb. 200 hours of community service ain't gonna do it - hefty financial penalties will.

I also hope that Wig-Wag's insurance company doesn't jack up their premiums now.

<humming the theme from "Cops">

siderod
8th Jun 2004, 10:08 AM
Now you've gone and got the theme from COPS stuck in my head!

IF they catch them, i would make them pay back every damn cent they stole AND do community service AND jail time...but you know as well as i do that will NEVER happen with today's government.

Now, i shut up before i have to lock the thread and ban myself for getting too political! :twisted: :?

jschuknecht
8th Jun 2004, 11:21 AM
...I hope the Motel 6 had parking lot surveillance cameras... Dude... I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Keep an eye on E-bay, and the like...

---jps

ts1trains
8th Jun 2004, 01:15 PM
Hi Group,

I posted the quote to the E-bay N group. My hit would be that whoever stole the items will sell it and eventually show up on E-bay. Hopefully we can get some leads.

Jan
Trackside Trains

jschuknecht
8th Jun 2004, 06:29 PM
Are there any other unique items that we can keep an eye out for (other than the George Hollwedel run and the like already mentioned)? Any markings other than the round yellow price tags? Are the price tags labelled "wigwag", or are they just yellow?

---jps

qballrail
8th Jun 2004, 11:24 PM
Theft is an age-old issue. Nothing changes. But one would think that something like model RR merchandise would be treated with a little more respect. In my opinion, it's just as heinous as robbing a Salvation Army or homeless shelter. There's more value to knocking off a jewelry store anyway! What kind of low-life scum would stoop to such lows? This is a blow to our past time. I hope they catch the perps and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. Maybe a little more!

sp_train_77
9th Jun 2004, 06:59 PM
While such a loss is unfortunate, and can be catastrophic, isn't that a rather strange comment about George Hollwedel?

"Sacramento" Bruce Conklin

9th Jun 2004, 08:02 PM
Now that you mention it, that is a strange comment about George. Wonder what it means?

siderod
9th Jun 2004, 08:21 PM
Ummm, i missed something...what comment?

colonel_26
9th Jun 2004, 09:11 PM
Siderod, same here I think I missed something other than this:
"The other indication could be people trying to sell large quantities of inventory including George Hollwedel Micro-Trains special runs and the New Mexico Railrunners special runs from 1995. "

9th Jun 2004, 09:37 PM
Ah, so that goes all together. Its George Hollwedel's Micro-Trains special runs...

The cloud has lifted, and I can see again :wink:

colonel_26
10th Jun 2004, 12:37 AM
The cloud has lifted?? no no its still raining here clouds all over the place!! :P

Tank
10th Jun 2004, 02:22 AM
This Bites.
George and Debb are such good, honest and nice folks, they don't deserve this kind of misfortune.
That's a bad part of town.
I used to live near there, and I doubt if the thieves are smart enough to have any idea what to do with their take.

eBay and flea markets will be the places to look.

(Particularly the Eisenhauer Road Flea Market, as it's within a couple of miles of the heist.)

mkt600
11th Jun 2004, 12:26 AM
Must have been UP checking to see how much stuff they don't have copy rights on... Will keep an eye open here in southeast Kansas

11th Jun 2004, 07:19 AM
Must have been UP checking to see how much stuff they don't have copy rights on...

Good one! :lol: