PDA

View Full Version : Siderod's goin to Boston!!

thirdrail
1st Aug 2004, 09:28 PM
Andrew (siderod) I don't live in the New York or Boston area, but plan to pass through on my way to and from Portland, ME, as I have to attend a meeting there on August 17 through 19th. I'd avoid Penn Station in New York entirely between August 28th and September 3rd if I were you. The Republican Party convention will be going on in Madison Square Garden, which sits smack atop Penn Station. The station will be virtually shut off, with only two entrances open and cops will be EVERYWHERE.

If you arrive New York at another time, why does the hobby shop hase to be within walking distance (there are some 12 blocks North)? There's another train set in the basement - The Subway!

I'll be doing a little railfanning along the way as well, Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum in Chattanooga and Pennsylvania Railroad Museum in Strasburg. Will also stop at M. B. Klein's on the way back! 8) :lol:

siderod
1st Aug 2004, 11:27 PM
I'll be around boston and new york between august 10th and 15th i think...i forgot completely about the subway, that might be a good idea. I'll have to run that by my cousin.

Thanks TR,

Anyone else?

Ianscape
2nd Aug 2004, 02:23 AM
I'm about 60 min outside of boston

siderod
2nd Aug 2004, 03:48 AM
Hmmm.....which direction?

I'll e-mail you tomorro when i'm not dead tired (5 AM here) and lacking caffine.

Might see someone i know after all!

Kanone5
2nd Aug 2004, 08:16 AM
Should definitely find some time to ride the "basement" railroad as Thirdrail calls it (thats a good one). When I go to NY, I get one of those cards and ride it everywhere even if it's just a couple blocks and I always got this big fat grin from ear to ear everytime I get on. WARNING: It is very addictive :P :twisted: :lol:

Never been to Boston but I'm sure it's awesome too.

-PJ