PDA

View Full Version : Siderod Rail Leasing SRLX

mytrains
21st Mar 2005, 07:59 AM
Siderod,
Great idea but where do you obtain the line drawings?

a-mused
21st Mar 2005, 08:32 AM
http://paintshop.railfan.net/

Great stuff .. just remember to give credit where it's due.

Best~
-d

siderod
21st Mar 2005, 03:53 PM
It's funny, but i did give credit where credit is due...every one of those drawings has the original copyright owner's name and copyright on it, they're just kind of disguised so as not to take away from the scheme.

And yes, that is where i got the line drawings, but i have done some myself, and most of the ones posted above have some sort of modification done by me.

Later
AR

http://paintshop.railfan.net/

Great stuff .. just remember to give credit where it's due.

Best~
-d

a-mused
21st Mar 2005, 05:39 PM
Sorry, SR .. didn't mean to imply you weren't ... just more of a generalized "heads up". :-)

siderod
21st Mar 2005, 05:42 PM
Not a problem...i wasn't sure which context you meant it in, so i figured i'd point out that i was in the clear.

Anyone else have anything to say about my rent-a-wrecks?

Later
AR

Sorry, SR .. didn't mean to imply you weren't ... just more of a generalized "heads up". :-)

Gargoyle
21st Mar 2005, 05:59 PM
Andrew

Your stuff looks great. Shouldn

siderod
21st Mar 2005, 07:35 PM
Tony,

Thank you, i appriciate the compliments 8)

As for the rail, i'm not 100% sure. It doesn't LOOK to scale, BUT, rail isn't exactly large when compaired to what runs ON the rail. I've got a hunk of either 110 or 125 Lbs/Yd rail in the back yard, i could probably measure it tomorrow to find out for sure.

Later
AR

Bryan
21st Mar 2005, 08:43 PM
So what are your rates? 8)

Gargoyle
21st Mar 2005, 10:12 PM
Sitting on my desk, I have a small piece of the Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes, which I believe was a narrow gauge short line in Maine. I am sure that it is light weight rail (80#?) and actually, it is very thin. I hadn't really looked at it in 25 years and imagined a loco sitting atop it. Fascinating things these trains, aren't they?

Hey how about a Gargoyle GP35?

Best,
Tony

BikerDad
22nd Mar 2005, 04:44 PM
Andrew,

I like it, shows some warpage of reality. :lol: I'd recommend lightening up the orange stripes, so you can get more contrast with the red lettering, either that, or using two different shades of red for lettering, a lighter one for over the dark grey/black, a darker one for over the orange. Boosting the contrast is a good thing, that way your stealth paint scheme will slip by easier. :P

siderod
22nd Mar 2005, 11:32 PM
Hey Tony!
You want a gargoyle GP35? Drop me a PM!
Later
AR

Sitting on my desk, I have a small piece of the Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes, which I believe was a narrow gauge short line in Maine. I am sure that it is light weight rail (80#?) and actually, it is very thin. I hadn't really looked at it in 25 years and imagined a loco sitting atop it. Fascinating things these trains, aren't they?

Hey how about a Gargoyle GP35?

Best,
Tony

dthurman
23rd Mar 2005, 11:49 AM
Siderod

I think you will need to find some new reporting marks.

Found this company while surfing the web

http://www.srlx.com/equipment.htm

Sorry

allan1010
23rd Mar 2005, 12:08 PM
Siderod

I think you will need to find some new reporting marks.

Found this company while surfing the web

http://www.srlx.com/equipment.htm

Sorry

Southern.......Siderod.....
It was close.
Is there a convention for reporting marks or will anything appropriate do?
How about SROD?
SRLI? (Siderod Rail Leasing Inc)
I could go on......

a-mused
23rd Mar 2005, 12:09 PM
Heck, sell 'em your graphics ... theirs can't be *nearly* as nice! ;-)

siderod
23rd Mar 2005, 04:00 PM
Bryan,
My rates are fair, as always...i'm not sure if i'm going to be getting one (or more) done in N-scale, but they sure would be cool, and i have a source for cheap(er) custom made decals, so there shouldn't be a problem there. Soon, i plan on getting an airbrush, so i might....MIGHT...tempt fate and spray one myself.

A-mused,
Thanks....never seen SRLX's graphics, but i think i might need to look.

I kinda like the SRLI suggestion....i might need to see how that'd look. It'd be a bit more prototypical though, as i don't want to steel both Southern Rail's marks AND Swift Reefer's marks!

Later
AR

dthurman
24th Mar 2005, 09:26 AM
Is there a convention for reporting marks or will anything appropriate do?
How about SROD?
SRLI? (Siderod Rail Leasing Inc)
I could go on......

I remember reading in Trains about Union Pacific had to ask for additional reporting marks for their locomotives since they used up all the numbers for their locos.

Would be interesting to see what the format is. I am familiar with NABOR, they do or did, it's been years, assign frequencies for 2-way radios in the US.

I just found this:

http://www.answers.com/topic/list-of-aar-reporting-marks[/url]

devin
29th Apr 2006, 02:24 PM
I like the stripes and stuff. But the letter font looks like it should be spray painted by some teenager sorry but thats what i think.

ragnarock4
29th Apr 2006, 05:31 PM
AR, I just sent you a PM about SRLX/LI.

BTW, you can U.P. Southern Rail Leasing. You can either charge them $5 per car they use your reporting marks on, or you can flat out sue them. :lmao

Of course I am kidding, the sue happy people/companies of the world tick me off.