PDA

View Full Version : Yorke Peninsula Leasing.

mytrains
28th Mar 2005, 06:35 AM
nice looking but what year is that falcon wagon? ford hasn't had a falcon in the US in 30years

alco_haulic
28th Mar 2005, 06:54 AM
nice looking but what year is that falcon wagon? ford hasn't had a falcon in the US in 30years

It is a 1987 model. Ford Australia had a free hand with the Falcons since the late 60's, and the badge is still going to this day.

Look here for more details, http://www.geocities.com/falconfacts/falcon/xffalcon.html

mytrains
28th Mar 2005, 06:57 AM
time for a new Mad Max movie so I can see more of Fords Aussie models

allan1010
28th Mar 2005, 08:14 AM
time for a new Mad Max movie so I can see more of Fords Aussie models

I was just thinkimng that a few months ago, they're doing all thse retro remakes nowadays but no sign of Mad Max.
That thought spurred us on to have a Mad Max party just last night, lotsa beer and all 3 movies, cool!

BikerDad
28th Mar 2005, 04:42 PM
I like it, although I probably would make the YPLX the same font size as the roadnumber, maybe even a little bigger. The color scheme is good, wonder how it would look tiger striped? :lol:

Catt (RIP)
28th Mar 2005, 06:48 PM
I like it too,but I would make the YPLX at least the same size as the road number but preferably even bigger.

Thanks for the Aussie Falcon link.

alco_haulic
29th Mar 2005, 01:15 AM
Thanks guys, the roadname would be made bigger if I ever did paint a loco in these colours.

Actually I might try some tiger stripes on the end views and along the frame edge.

The beauty of PC's, i'm not wasting paint to get the effects I want.