View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Layout base & track.

Well, I'm at the point where something is actually going to happen....then Wham!!! hit that brick wall called procrastination / indecision again....
    I've been here so many times before, I can even see the dings in the wall from where I've hit it before.
    This time it's the layout construction itself. I could see my original plans of aluminium frame and plywood top dragging on for months and costing a packet to build. But then, the other day, while wandering through Bunnings (our local ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Operations

Ok, first off, engines...
    I have-
    4 MDC/Athearn 2-8-0s and need another 2
    1 MP 2-6-0
    1 Shapeways/Bachmann Boxcab diesel, need another 1
    That totals 9 engines. I'd like 10, tossup between a Bachmann 4-6-0 and an Alco HH600 (modified Atlas S2 diesel)

Engines, #1, the oldest 2-8-0, saturated with an 'as built' boiler. Smokebox is short compared to the other 5 that have been reboilered. it also has a rear sand dome and narrow coal space on the tender to aid ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Devil's Gate Mining Co. -1

I'm trying to get my ideas and 'direction' down before I forget what I'm trying to accomplish lol.
    After the demise of my Moss Lake Lumber Co. in HO, then N, I was out of the hobby for a while before trying again to do a switching layout. I selected a BNSF Chicago branchline and even had a GP38, MP15 and SW1500 (BN with a working rotary beacon no less!!). But I wasn't happy with it.
    My next venture was a steam railroad in the 1890s Colorado, originally planned to have 2 Climax geared ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized