View RSS Feed

Albey25

1. Sometimes I think...

...building a layout is more fun than actually having a layout. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed my various layouts over the years. I like operating trains, not only for myself, but also showing off my handiwork to family and friends. I even get a kick out of the sideshow activities that go with this hobby. A friend on this site came up with the idea of pass exchanges. So we exchanged passes among ourselves. I had made up them up for selected friends who had visited the house and seen the railroad. ...
    Categories
    'N' Scale Related
  2. When all else fails...

The beauty (among many other beauties) of model railroading is that when things seem hopeless, it's perfectly ok to just give up and start over. That's what I've decided to do. To catch you up, I got back into the hobby about 20 years back, after a long hiatus which I wasted earning a living and raising a family. As my son grew into adulthood I found myself longing for the good old days of model railroading, so with encouragement from my wife, I began construction of a layout in the back room of ...

Updated 9th Sep 2021 at 04:20 PM by Albey25

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Ain't it funny how time slips away?

With apologies to Willie Nelson, greetings fellow N Scalers! I have been all over the place these last few weeks between working, rail fanning, and even some model building. In addition, I am supposed to get out and walk some as part of my recovery process following surgery. What I haven't had time for was blogging. So I'll do my best to make it up to you this week.

Pam and I were looking for someplace where we could walk indoors, as the weather had been uncooperative that week, ...
    Categories
    Prototype Related
  4. Give a guy some snow and his railroad grows

Hi N Scalers! I mentioned a while back that my business has been booming due to the quarantining and that has kept me from doing much to the B-Line. Well we had some snow recently, which shouldn't raise too many eyebrows since this is New England and it is February. BUT...this is a little corner of New England called Cape Cod, and we don't get a whole lot of snow as a rule. Certainly not like Leominster, where some friends live and where they got 18" last week when I got rain! Then things even ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Getaway in Massachusetts with a little railfanning thrown in

To begin, I'd like to apologize for not keeping up with this blog. In my defense, my business is simply crazy right now. While many of my friends are suffering under the weight of this pandemic, I am not. In fact, for us it is quite the opposite. I fix people's houses. I'm a handyman/carpenter/painter and well, you get the picture. I usually don't have much to do from early December till early February. People simply don't want you in their house at that time and I understand completely. I plan ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast