View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Getaway in Massachusetts with a little railfanning thrown in

To begin, I'd like to apologize for not keeping up with this blog. In my defense, my business is simply crazy right now. While many of my friends are suffering under the weight of this pandemic, I am not. In fact, for us it is quite the opposite. I fix people's houses. I'm a handyman/carpenter/painter and well, you get the picture. I usually don't have much to do from early December till early February. People simply don't want you in their house at that time and I understand completely. I plan ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. It's been a strange week

Face it friends, whether you're a model railroader or not, this has been a strange year. Maybe for me it has been a little stranger because for much of the year I've been recovering from heart surgery. Every time I think I am completely recovered, I feel a twinge, or a tug somewhere in my chest and the fleeting thought that "this is the end of it all!" only to have the tugging subside and again realize that it's just something in the recovery process. I was out like a porch light, so I ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. How a semi-retired n scaler spends his time.

Hi again everybody! I am not to be counted on! Here I go 6 years without blogging and then have two entries in just a couple of weeks. That said, just because I haven't blogged doesn't mean I haven't been active. My lighthouse scene is coming along, albeit slowly. I am still working at making a living even though I am well past 70, so you may be able to imagine that I get tired easily. While I'm relaxing I like to watch "How-To" videos on YouTube. There are several people doing this and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Getting back into the swing of things after the holidays....

I can't believe how long it's been since my last blog post. That's what getting sick and being broke all at the same time can do to you. I advise against it, though when I think of what some of the others on this site face in their day-to-day lives, I feel kinda whimpy for complaining. The doctors have decided I don't really need that surgery any time too soon, which I take as an indication that my medical insurance is inadequate, something else for me to investigate. On the other hand, my business ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The "B" Line

When I was a teenager, I modeled HO, and I built a small shelf type layout in the basement. I have always preferred the point to point type of layout over the loop style that most modelers like. I remember that I wanted to create a passenger schedule so I timed the run from one station to the next and was saddened to learn that NO TIME ticked off the clock! I needed more space. Well girls came along, then the Navy, then my wife and later my family and model railroading slipped into the past. But ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast