View RSS Feed

Gary Rowan

1. Pinnacle & Western - Floorplan

Here's the new footprint for PWRR.

Attachment 89112

The layout footprint (in black) measures approx. 125 in. by 112 in.
    The red areas are access paths to the closet on the left, and the circuit breaker box in the top right.
    The orange circle shows where the helix will be located.

Here's the new footprint with the old footprint overlayed in blue.

Attachment 89113

The original design had access around ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Floorplan.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	89114   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Floorplan with old overlay.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	89115  
  2. Life: 1 - Model Railroading: 0

Not much progress has been made on the Pinnacle & Western since my last post. It seems like life has demanded more than it's fair share of time in the last few months. Even though there's been no construction progress, a lot of thinking has gone into the PWRR.

I've decided to redesign the layout structure. In the first design, the only access to the interior was by crawling under the layout. Like everyone else, I'm getting older and stiffer, and the more I think about it, ...
    Categories
    Construction
  3. Interrupt-itus.

Well, haven't made much progress since the last post. I was hoping to at least have a few of the support posts assembled this past weekend. Seems that when it looks like I might have some spare time, something comes along and gets in the way of RR time. I'm sure no one else has that problem, right? Anyhow, I did manage to get a few moments this evening. All the bases have been marked as to where the post will sit. I made a drilling template for the holes for the screws that will attach the ...
    Categories
    Construction
  4. Braces are all cut.

Tonight I was able to finish cutting the short and long braces. Somehow, I ended up with an extra one of each. Time for some remedial math? or stronger glasses? Maybe by the weekend, I can dig the drill press out and get it set up and ready to drill the pilot holes for the deck screws.
    Categories
    Construction
  5. Construction Begins on the Pinnacle & Western

Well, after much (probably not enough) thought and planning, construction of the Pinnacle and Western Railroad is underway. A few weeks ago, the lumber for the main support posts was purchased and cut to length. Since it was still pretty wet when purchased, it's been sitting in the backyard air drying.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0597.jpg 
Views:	974 
Size:	152.3 KB 
ID:	81734

This past weekend, I was able to load up some salvage lumber and spent about 2 hours tonight cutting on it. A local church had used it ...

Updated 21st Jun 2016 at 09:55 PM by Gary Rowan

Categories
    Construction
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast