Blog Comments

Today March 7, 2021. Rather than begin a new thread, thinking I can tag onto this on with updates.

Active week with additions to the short line coming in the mail. Not so much track activity on the board. Did get in a couple of runs. More on that later.

Norfolk Southern F7 and two freight cars 'with needs' off Ebay. F7 checks out well and is a great addition to the short line. One of the freights will be relegated to use as a trackside industry. The other gets brought up to spec as MOW. Awaiting arrival via mail of two sets of trucks and a package of knuckle couplers.

On order also is sufficient track to complete Sharon's outer loop, along with a second power unit with accessory taps to power it up. Also completed construction paper mock-ups for the bird-watching pond on the short line and a tunnel on the outer loop.

Ran an extra today. F7 heading up the three old-time passenger coaches from the Christmas train for a day of birding on the Shoveler Pond mock-up. Brought her back to Winnie Switch on a sunset run with the F7 lighting the way. Maintained a scale pace of 40mph for both the out and back runs. Duration each way 4min. Have a feeling that will become the short line speed limit max.

That's all folks. Cheers. arnold
    His 'n her trains! What a great idea! Keep up the good work.
    Welcome aboard! It's nice to see a "newbie" who's older than I! I've been here for longer than I can remember and almost every new arrival is younger. I have to say it's much nicer this way. Seriously, if there is anything I can do for you, don't hesitate to ask. And keep on blogging!