View RSS Feed

epumph

1. A Short History of the TCIR

The History (real and fictional) of the TCIR
    The free-lance info is in italics.

The railroad’s history began with the discovery of natural gas in the area of Murrysville, Pennsylvania in 1876.

George Westinghouse Jr. chartered a railroad from the Pennsylvania Railroad in 1886 to transport supplies and equipment to the gas fields. The line was called the Turtle Creek Valley Railroad, but was also known as Westinghouse Road. Service to Murrysville began in 1891 ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Files
  2. Leaving the site

I apparently made a post yesterday that hurt someone's feelings. It was in the Blackstone Valley thread and about DC vs DCC. I apologized for any offense and removed the post.
    After 8000+ posts I have been accused of "hurting someone's feelings"? In my 7 yrs on the forum I have never intended to hurt anyone's feelings. I'm not sure how the accuser knows how I hurt the OP's feelings?
    I also got called out for continuing the debate over DC vs DCC. I thought that is exactly ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends here on the site.

I hope everyone has something for which they are thankful this year. I know I have. We managed to survive Sandy. We just learned that we have natural gas to the meter. Our plumber is connecting and checking it on Friday and we should have heat and hot water. That means we can move back 'home'. There is still a bunch more work to do but we are very thankful for getting thru the storm unscathed. We will be donating food to the local food bank for those less fortunate.
    Again, Happy Thanksgiving, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Life after Sandy

Well, Monday the property owners on Long Beach Island were allowed to do a 'grab and go'. The government allowed one car to go to the property to get things and assess the damage, etc. So we left our townhouse at 5:30 AM and headed south. At 7 AM we stopped for bathroom and a garbage breakfast sandwich at BK. We were only 10 miles from our exit. Just before the sign that reads 'Exit 63 LBI 2 Miles' we came to a screeching halt. The 3 lanes of the GSP were all dead stopped. There was an accident ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Hurricane Sandy

Hi everyone!
    Just wanted to let you know that my wife and I are fine. We evacuated LBI Sat. We lost power here in Hamburg in Northern NJ on Sunday and got it back on Monday 5 AM. However, our cable and internet were out. We got that back today (Thurs) around noon so here I am reporting!
    Our house at the shore was untouched except for a small piece of aluminum fascia and had maybe an inch of water in the garage and workshop - where the trains live! Barnegat Light has a great system ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast