View RSS Feed

'N' Scale Related

Anything relating to 'N' Scale.

1. A NEW website...

Howdy all... just wanted to invite you all to the NEW Bayern & Tirol Alpen Eisenbahngesellschaft website. It is a work in progress but you may enjoy pointing and clicking things in Uncle Otto's Shack. I will update it as time and progress allows.

Here is the link: http://kd4.net/b&ta

Enjoy!
  2. Machet, Mountains, and Maquettes Part VI

So here are some pictures of the maquette fully painted and dressed. I pretty pleased overall. It seems that the various materials hold up fairly well (especially the bits that were "rocked" with lightweight spackle.) The only true weakness was a thin area of newspaper paper machet that was not properly "layered" for strength - and, as you might expect... IT WAS PAPER THIN!
  3. Machet, Mountains, and Maquettes Part III

Here is the maquette after materials have dried. It was then sealed with gesso and a base coat of "dirt" was layered in. A track and bed have been added with ballast. Note: That is Atlas Code 55... the actual euro layout will be Peco Code 55.

Maquette with a "light spackle" troweled ...
  4. My First Kit Bash... Bashed...

There's nothing like the barely contained rolling boil of excitement of planning a new layout. At this stage the possibilities and excitement far outweigh any frustration... cuz there's nothing tangleable to get fraustrated about.

There's also a "what to do" factor, that is, when mental exuberance spills over from the mind to the hands and one must find something to do to address the creative energy. The very reason I started experimenting modeling materials on a maquette ...
  5. Track Plan 4 - Almost there...

With this redesign I get most everything I wanted:

~ Two independent Lines (with a crossover)

~ Four Z axis levels of height (Base, Town, Mid-Mountain, Top-mountain) This is not to mention the illusionary levels of the mountain's dropped fascia skirt and the lower river valley below level 0.

~ Relatively lots of straight track.

The only things I'll ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast