View RSS Feed

Herc Driver

1. A Goodbye To My Friend and a true friend of Model Railroading

Allow me to say goodbye to a friend...a gentleman who helped me get back into this enjoyable hobby, encouraged me and my boys to continue, and always wanted updates on our progress. But more than that, a friend.

Bob was an HO and HOn3 modeler who would even build Nscale buildings for my layout. But he was much more..he was a family man, hard working, Bible believer, who helped so many others. And he had a story, one that he kept mostly to himself. Bob was one of the original Air ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Memorial Day Tribute Videos

I came across these well made videos a few years ago...and "Honor, Sacrifice, Duty" and "We Support U" are two of the best I've ever seen.

Check them out at: http://www.gcsdistributing.com
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. C-130 Crash in South Dakota

From the recent headlines, many of you have read or have seen the story about the C-130 crash in South Dakota during a MAFFS fire fighting air drop that claimed the lives of four of the six man crew. I knew them well for they all were my friends. They all left grieving wives and heart broken kids. Thankfully, two crewmen survived but they are in critical condition at a hospital...and I continually pray they recover.

These men were all volunteers...they were not assigned to go, they ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. A change for my signature...

To my friends here at nScale.net,

Tomorrow my signature will change...from LTC to LTC-Retired...as today is my last day serving my country in the armed forces of the United States. I served for 20 years in both the USAF and the North Carolina Air National Guard. Flew five different Air Force aircraft, and flew 189 combat sorties in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I have served with so many great people, seen so many things, been so many places. I've learned that your true friends ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized