View RSS Feed

Bronman

1. Modeling a cement structure with, well, cement

Here is a photo essay of how I am making my Tree Top juice plant. This is a cement structure in the prototype world and I decided the model would look best also made out of cement. Here are the photos of how I did it:

Day 1: start with a clean mold

Assemble the mold
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Shelf Elves? Naw... Spicy Shelf!

So, this is what my paint drawer used to look like...

Well, that just wasn't going to cut it.

One day, I came home from work and my mother-in-law who had been babysitting had de-cluttered our spice cabinet using this...

I found out they are sold at Bed,
  3. 101 Uses for "Future"!

There are probably 101 uses for Pledge with Future Floor Shine (I recently read or heard that Pledge no longer has the rights to "Future", so it may no longer be available in that product line. I have not heard who would have the rights to it at present and did not bother looking it up before I sat down to write this). The obvious use is using it to wax your floor. But we modelers know there is more to the story of "Future" floor wax.

Other uses include putting
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Paint Thinning Ratios and Pressures for Airbrushing

I've been putting together a reference chart to quickly find hobbyist recommended thinners, ratios, and pressures for airbrushing with various kinds of paint. I'm doing this in part in an attempt to set up a kickass workstation for doing my own work on my railroad and I'd like my work center to be as complete as possible. As such, I want this information to be on hand whenever I'm ready to shoot some paint on a model and not need to look this stuff up on the 'net each and every time. I don't really ...
  5. Electronic Die-Cutter - "Cricut Expressions" - the right tool for the right job?

As you may or may not remember, I received a Cricut Expressions for Christmas (Oops, cat's outta the bag- getting a Cricut Expressions for Xmas). Well, I finally got a chance to try it out and would like to share with you all what I have found out about the machine so far, in case any of you have been thinking of purchasing one of these. If you donít know what it is, this article will be really useful for you too.

The Cricut Expressions is a die-cutting machine made by a company ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized