View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Alligator Lines: 30,000 Virtual Visitors!

In May of last year I made a blog entry about receiving the 10,000th visitor to the Alligator Lines web site. Well, sometime between yesterday afternoon and this morning the web site had its 30,000th visitor! Thatís 20,000 additional hits in 13 months!

I am very happy that so many seem to find it a useful resource. My way of sharing a passion!

Thank you
    Bryan
    Categories
    'N' Scale Related
  2. Relocation & Update

The grass is down along the back side of the layout, along with a nonfunctioning crossing, and a fence to keep the cows from hitting hit by the trains.

Also, the layout has been relocated to a more suitable home.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Alligator Lines Scenery Project 12: Completed!

Note: The Project Overview may be found here, the first update may be found here and the second update is here.

Well, I guess it is not quite complete as it still needs a few people and vehicles but other than that it is done!

The final part of the project, the dirt road and fence running the length of the spur was reasonably straight forward and was basically just laying ballast (for the road) and the grass ground cover on either side. The fencing used was actually some ...

Updated 17th Jun 2009 at 06:16 PM by BryanC (RIP) (Added new image attachment)

Categories
    'N' Scale Related
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04211.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	116.8 KB 
ID:	5080   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04222.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	5081   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ALwelcome.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	148.8 KB 
ID:	5082   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04213.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	5176  
  4. Alligator Lines Scenery Project 12: Update #2

The Project Overview may be found here and the first update may be found here.

The installation of the freight house, its apron and the immediate surrounding areas has now been completed.

The apron was first to be completed with a tracing paper template and some fairly think cardboard. After being glued into position it was painted and weathered. Some ballast was also placed along the edges.

Part of the track, up to the edge of the freight house was next ...

Updated 8th Jun 2009 at 05:21 PM by BryanC (RIP) (Setting category)

Categories
    'N' Scale Related
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04188.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	5077   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04189.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	145.4 KB 
ID:	5078   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04191.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	5079  
  5. Kimberly, Idaho: The good, the bad, and the ugly. Part 2

On the northeast corner of Main Ave. and Center St. is this building.

It was built prior to WWI as near as I can find out. It was originally a Blacksmith/Farrier shop. Besides the forge and anvils, they had a stamping machine that made cut nails. They did all the things a Blacksmith did in those days. They made parts for wagons, rebuilt wagon wheels, made hinges and door latches, repaired plows ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized