View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Trees in the park

Thanks to all who have chosen to click on my blog. I really enjoy writing it, but it wouldn't be much fun if people didn't enjoy reading it as well.

This week I am all about trees. If you've been following these pages, you know that the lighthouse is nearly completed. I'm trying to figure out how to get a 3 volt bulb to blink convincingly. I can make it flash like a police car, but lighthouses have a whole 'nother rhythm. Anyway, I was planning to turn my attention to the main terminal ...

Updated 2nd Aug 2020 at 06:08 AM by Albey25

Categories
    'N' Scale Related
  2. Baby steps in Beaufield

Hi again nScale!

Progress with the lighthouse scene has been slow. I'm waiting for a delivery from Amazon with some electrical parts that will enable me to light the lighthouse and make it blink. Who am I kidding? There's plenty of other stuff I could be doing but I always seem to go into a lull when a project gets close to completion. It's kinda like I don't want it to end. This lighthouse has tortured me for a few months now, but we've recently come to an understanding. When I ...
    Categories
    'N' Scale Related
  3. Uncovering the past

Hi all!

Last week Pam and I journeyed to Winthrop Mass with some old friends. We had come across an article about a narrow gauge railroad that used to run through Winthrop Mass, which is a small city located right under the runway flight path from Logan International Airport in East Boston. The line used to come over the bridge from "Eastie" and make a wide loop around the edge of Winthrop and rejoin the same line and return to the big city. Unlike the Darby Line, which ...

Updated 11th Jul 2020 at 10:38 PM by Albey25 (correction)

Categories
    Prototype Related
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Narrow gauge 2.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	112161   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pam Narrow Gauge.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	112160   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	narrow gauge 5.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	112159   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	narrow gauge downtown.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	112162   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Narrow gauge 3.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	112163  
  4. How a semi-retired n scaler spends his time.

Hi again everybody! I am not to be counted on! Here I go 6 years without blogging and then have two entries in just a couple of weeks. That said, just because I haven't blogged doesn't mean I haven't been active. My lighthouse scene is coming along, albeit slowly. I am still working at making a living even though I am well past 70, so you may be able to imagine that I get tired easily. While I'm relaxing I like to watch "How-To" videos on YouTube. There are several people doing this and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. MBTA - Keolis Welded Rail Train at Belmont Massachusetts 6/9/2020

Page 1 of 147 123451151101 ... LastLast