View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Paint Paint Paint

by , 1st Mar 2012 at 09:45 PM (My Model RR Adventures)
    Well I got my compressor today, I think I could have used something larger but it may be adequate for my purposes. A new Iwata Ninja Jet air compressor showed up today. Its a pretty straight forward and small compressor, its so simple that it does not have a gauge go figure.

Its got a hum to it so its not 100% quiet. Maybe if I make some money at painting locos I may upgrade to something more robust.

I still need a respirator which means I need to go to Home Depot this ...

Updated 1st Mar 2012 at 11:31 PM by bc6

Categories
    'N' Scale Related
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020422.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	25760   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020423.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	25761   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020421.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	25762  
  2. A Medical Message that may Save Your Life!

Some of you may have noticed that I have not been around here the last week or so. While others probably haven’t noticed and could care less anyway! Regardless, I urge you to read the following true story along with the message. It may very well save your life just as it (almost certainly) saved mine!

I spent that week (or four days actually), in hospital where I underwent a “Laparoscopic Distal Pancreatectomy and Spleenectomy”. This is the removal of the tail of the pancreas since, ...
  3. Introduction...again!

Hey everyone!
    I registered here quite sometime back as "SPSF" and then did nothing as far as being an active member. Then, I decided at another point I was going to participate more, made about 5 post and then did nothing again. So.......third times the charm! Have now gotten the admins to change my user name to something my friends from other forums should recognize
    (and hopefully not run screaming LOL!!) and here I am once again. Hope some of my old friends will see ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Finally got some PRLX decals for my locos

by , 28th Feb 2012 at 02:51 AM (My Model RR Adventures)
    Isnt about time
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozledguy View Post
    I got some nicely done white decals printed on a Alps printer of PRLX from Jeff at Shawmut Car Shops. I applied some to my GG1 and my new Bachmann 4-8-2 Light Mountain steamer. Mods dont get mad at me its all about my private roadname not diesel or steam. I need to get up some nerve to apply numbers to the locos next, hope you like
    .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020415.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	25524Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020411.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	143.6 KB 
ID:	25525

Updated 29th Feb 2012 at 03:14 AM by bc6

Categories
    'N' Scale Related , General (as off-topic as you want)
  5. Second part of airbrush system to arrive soon

by , 27th Feb 2012 at 03:47 AM (My Model RR Adventures)
    Tonight I purchased a Iwata Ninja Jet Air Compressor to go along with my Iwata Eclipse HP BS. Ive never had a airbrush compressor just the propellant cans which suck and dont last. Once again I ordered my Ninja Jet from Chicago Airbrush Supply for $129.97 which had the lowest price plus Priority Shipping from the USPS. This brings up another issue I need to pick a paint scheme for my locos.I cant find any english videos on th Iwata Ninja Jet but check this out .http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...eK4xx9I#t=227sClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ninja-jet-main-page.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	25441 ...