View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Beginning my Blog

This will be a blog about my delve into model railroading. Not sure where it will lead, or how many entries it will have, only time will tell.

I started with Kato Unitrack, purchasing the M2 starter set which is a basic oval with siding and DC power/control pack. Along with this I purchased a N EMD F7 Union Pacific Train set which included a locomotive, 3 mixed freight cars and a caboose. Soon I added the V2 Viaduct set, V5 Inside loop and V6 Outside loop add-on sets. I also got ...
    Categories
    'N' Scale Related
  2. BLI Light Mikado

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20210529_14_14_22_Pro (2).jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	146.8 KB 
ID:	120537
    I just received my Light Mikado, SAL #498, this week.

My setup is Kato Unitrack with a Digitrax Zephyr DCS52 DCC controller.

When I first put it on the track I was not impressed. It kept cutting off and restarting. At first I thought it was doing this randomly, but then I noticed it was at certain sounds. Blowing the whistle would always cause it to cut-out and restart. After messing with it a bit I tried turning down the volume ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Getting over your FEAR in Model Railroading

A new kind of video, regular ones being created this week. Enjoy.. https://youtu.be/5T9sZtV0BDM
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Ain't it funny how time slips away?

With apologies to Willie Nelson, greetings fellow N Scalers! I have been all over the place these last few weeks between working, rail fanning, and even some model building. In addition, I am supposed to get out and walk some as part of my recovery process following surgery. What I haven't had time for was blogging. So I'll do my best to make it up to you this week.

Pam and I were looking for someplace where we could walk indoors, as the weather had been uncooperative that week, ...
    Categories
    Prototype Related
  5. We made it on the What's neat this week show

Page 1 of 151 123451151101 ... LastLast