View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Alligator Lines now has a Facebook Page!

I have been a member of Facebook for quite awhile now. I am not an active participant by any stretch of the imagination but I have accumulated some 25 “friends” over that time! Many of those 25 are non-MRRers and while most know of my hobby very few know anything about the hobby itself.

I thought it might be a good idea to try and provide a little “eduction” and I decided to create a Facebook page for Alligator Lines that was really aimed at these friends. Not necessarily to share ...
  2. The "World’s Greatest Modeler." Asks are you getting tired of Model Trains?

by , 14th Nov 2011 at 11:03 PM (69Z28's Blog - A collection of train and general entries)
    QUESTION ***** Question***** From the "World’s Greatest Modeler."

Who is the
    WGM? Why that’s me of course.

Now I never get tired of my model trains or working on them because I am, after all, the
    WGM.

But you modelers of lesser talent, skills, and attitude do. But not to worry, the WGM, That's me of course is here to help, advise, and What was that third thing? Where's my notes (I'm the WGM I don't use notes) Oh yea, guide you back onto ...
  3. A Comment on my Mothers Passing and a Picture of her

by , 13th Nov 2011 at 06:23 PM (69Z28's Blog - A collection of train and general entries)
    My Mom recently passed away at the age of 89 years young . Two weeks before she passed, we went north to spend a week with her before the Big Guy called her home. She was born in Lucedale Mississippi and we all moved to Brooklyn NY in 1950.

The week we returned my younger brother passed from cancer. We all agreed that MA should not be told. But now that she's on the other side she'll know and may come back to haunt our butts .

All her brothers, sisters, my ...
    Tags: my mom Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Christmas 2011 – birth of a new tradition?

The following was sent to me in an email very recently. There is an awful lot to be said for the thoughts expressed in it. Please give it serious consideration yourself!

Yes, it was written with an American audience in mind but it really does apply to all of us.

CHRISTMAS 2011 – BIRTH OF A NEW TRADITION

As the holidays approach, the giant Asian factories are kicking into high gear to provide Americans with monstrous piles of cheaply produced goods -- merchandise ...

Updated 12th Nov 2011 at 09:59 AM by BryanC (RIP)

Categories
    General (as off-topic as you want)
  5. Canadians are Cool!

As an ex-Canadian (a country I still love very much) I found these little stories to be very humorous.

I trust they do not offend any one, if they do please let me know and I will consider removing the entry. If, on the other hand, you enjoy reading this, please also let me know!

In France , at a fairly large conference, Prime Minister Steven Harper
    was asked by a French cabinet minister

Updated 10th Nov 2011 at 06:18 PM by BryanC (RIP)

Categories
    General (as off-topic as you want)