View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Recent New England Model Railroad Announcements JAN 2019

2. Back on the tracks and designing a layout

Restarting with a new layout. Going to use it to explore some new (to me) techniques for making buildings and scenery. Layout is a standalone 2' x 4' with an outlet for expansion. Hope to have some pics up at some point with its development and progress. May incorporate some sheetstock structures as well as kits with an eye towards refining which approach I find more fascinating and satisfying. Finding this site to be a wealth of info and ideas. The more I explore the more I find. Hoping to be a ...
  3. The Chicago (AC&Y) Layout Blog

I'll give this a try---
    I've been lurking and occasionally posting for a little while here at nScale.net, asked for and received some good advice along the way. I enjoy seeing what is happening with others as they work on layouts, models and such for their particular projects. Always something interesting going on here.

I figure I'm down to the last few sections of track to lay, with MILES of wire yet to hang, and thought I would get something going to share on the layout I wanted ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Need decoder foR n scale Bachmann gp7

Quote Originally Posted by Eusjim View Post
    Mine has no output. Just
    the lights work. Looking for low cost alternative versus Bachmann OEM part.
    help!
    jim
    Categories
    'N' Scale Related
  5. Modeling a cement structure with, well, cement

Here is a photo essay of how I am making my Tree Top juice plant. This is a cement structure in the prototype world and I decided the model would look best also made out of cement. Here are the photos of how I did it:

Day 1: start with a clean mold

Assemble the mold
    Categories
    Uncategorized