View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. My first attempt at N scale

Well I thought I would just make a blog more for my own reference just so that I could see what I started out doing till the finished project and (hopefully) see if I improve on what I am doing now.

First of I might just tell you a little bit about myself. I am a 22 year old studnet studying Primary Education (4th year) at QUT in Brisbane, Australia. I have always like model trains and my grandfather used to run his own store down in Tasmania.

Anyway now to the N scale ...
    Categories
    'N' Scale Related
  2. So The Big Guy Made a Dog.

by , 27th Nov 2013 at 01:08 AM (69Z28's Blog - A collection of train and general entries)
    Our pets are also part of our family so don't forget them. Dogs and Cats are some of our favorites.

Here's a link to some Dog Tails.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?feature=player_embedded&v=lJ7AfSO2fKs

I hope you enjoy it.

See ya
    Ron

Updated 17th Jan 2014 at 02:49 AM by 69Z28

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Railfan Photo of the Day

Thoroughly Modern MBTA This commuter train today was bound to make people think the MBTA is thorouhly modern, with four shiny double-deckers and diesel #011, which was built in this decade. Depending on your preferences, this train is either a step in the right direction, or a reminder that the venerable F40s won't always be with us...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013111815032224035.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	51789
    http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?20...5032224035.jpg
    Tags: mbta, photo, railfan Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Prototype Related
  4. First of two coal mines --- progress report

Here is my first of two planned coal mine scenes so far. It is an excellent RLW kit in my opinion and went together nicely. Still have to paint some hills/mtns on the wall and then plant lots of trees, secure the structures in place a little bit, wire the LED light under the tipple, and more details to the scene. I made the mine tunnel liner removable and there is a light in there, too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0375_zps3a698c93.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	51579Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0377_zpsb47d270d.jpg 
Views:	832 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	51580Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0380_zps1ad16e03.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	51581Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0381.jpg 
Views:	682 
Size:	155.8 KB 
ID:	51582 ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Still Crazy After All.....

by , 11th Nov 2013 at 04:26 PM (69Z28's Blog - A collection of train and general entries)
    Call Psychiatric Hotline for Help

If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press 1 repeatedly.
    If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2.
    If you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5, and 6.
    If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want. Just stay on the line so we can trace the call.
    If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which number to press.
    If you are manic-depressive, ...
    Tags: crazy Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized