View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Salt Grass Short Line Extra

Greetings, Nscalers and welcome back to the blog page update for the end of February.

A short and productive month on the short line. Basic preparation of the plywood supporting panel complete, along with an attached operating shelf. While it was flipped on its backside attaching the shelf, affixed a power strip to get that off the floor. Once it got all put together it appears adequate to support the layout and scenery. Now the ball is in Sharon's court to develop and present her ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210226_192740_Big Day Extra.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	118670  
  2. Salt Grass Short Line update

Greetings N scaler's. I'll try to put something up here on the week. Tonight looking like the weather is moderating sufficiently to finish work on the table base. Possibly tomorrow or at least for certain this week.

Sharon tells me she wants an elevated run with bridges and things on her part of the layout. Me still holding out for flatlands. Compromise on a table as small as 48in x 36in is obviously in order. Will present to her a two-level layout with off-set ovals. Took a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210219_104255 (2).jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	143.5 KB 
ID:	118480  
  3. Salt Grass Short Line wintered in

Dangerously cold temperatures at our Gulf Coast location have hampered any progress on runners under the table to prevent its shifting or from attaching a controller shelf. Both are deferred to the warm-up that will eventually come.

Meanwhile have busied myself working up a chart of scale speeds, weighing out the locomotive and passenger consist. I estimated my track length at 3yds, give-or-take. Have settled on a scale speed range of 22.5mph -to- 45mph for the 0-6-0 switcher. At ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Salt Grass Short Line

Hello N-scaler's. Bought a sheet of 4x4ft 1/2" plywood from my local home improvement warehouse today. Had them cut it down to 4x3ft for the layout. Will use the 12" drop-off for a controller shelf. Slid the tiny 24" x 34" continuous oval off its precarious table onto the new board. It is a start.

Bachmann has a simple layout expansion using two turnouts and a few sections of curved E-Z Track to form a smaller inner and a larger outer loop. Now just have to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Give a guy some snow and his railroad grows

Hi N Scalers! I mentioned a while back that my business has been booming due to the quarantining and that has kept me from doing much to the B-Line. Well we had some snow recently, which shouldn't raise too many eyebrows since this is New England and it is February. BUT...this is a little corner of New England called Cape Cod, and we don't get a whole lot of snow as a rule. Certainly not like Leominster, where some friends live and where they got 18" last week when I got rain! Then things even ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 150 123451151101 ... LastLast