View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Slide Show for Alligator Lines Home Page!

Those of you who are familiar with my web site know that close to the top of the home page I have a static “welcome” picture. This image is changed periodically, usually to coincide with a significant update to the site.

Of late, I have been noticing that agrowing number of web sites include a slide show on their home page. Sometimes this is a series of teasers regarding the content of thesite itself and sometimes it is just a collection of related pictures.

I thought it ...

Updated 18th Aug 2011 at 04:12 PM by BryanC (RIP) (Typos)

Categories
    'N' Scale Related
  2. Document your wiring. Part 1.

Most of you are much younger tham I am. Therefore, your memory is still sharp. However, you will age with time, and your memory will start to have gaps in it.

For this reason I strongly advise you all to document your layout wiring. When trouble arises in the wiring it is so much easier to troubleshoot by consulting the documentation.

The documentation can easily be stored on the computer and saved to a CD or Zip drive.

For small layouts the documentation ...
  3. Drag Racin' ===== Aussie style.

by , 14th Aug 2011 at 07:30 PM (Wikikamoocow Valley Rail Road blog)
  4. Aussie Huff-n-Puff

by , 14th Aug 2011 at 07:06 PM (Wikikamoocow Valley Rail Road blog)
    Beyer Garrett 4-8-2 = 2-8-4

Ol' 1009 lives again .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPNSW...eature=related
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Wikikamoocow Valley Rail Road

by , 7th Jul 2011 at 09:28 PM (Wikikamoocow Valley Rail Road blog)
    This month of July has commenced in a rather mysterious manner with railfan reports hitting my desk about a pair of SD-45's snooting their way around the Eastern Main of a night time.
    While this may not be surprising to some, it is a major concern in The Valley as dispatch have no orders for night time movements in the area esoterically named the Garland Trench.
    Of further concern, the reports claim that neither locomotive show a road name or unit number. Descriptions indicate they may ...