View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Made an airbrush purchase today

by , 15th Feb 2012 at 12:19 AM (My Model RR Adventures)
    Today I took a long jump into the cold lake of airbrushing, I bought an Iwata Eclipse HP-BS Gravity feed airbrush from Chicago Airbrush Supply. Ive owned several airbrushes in the past so I wanted something different with the gravity feed vs siphon feed. I chose the BS version rather than the CS because the 1/16 oz. sized cup. The cup on the CS is much bigger an I thought it may be a hinderence to me viewing what I want to paint. I dont think I'll need the larger cup size either. If I was into HO ...
  2. Plywood

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    I was refraining about replying to this because everybody has their own preference. I prefer ¼” plywood with 1x2 glued every 18”. This topic is very frustrating to me because I hear so many times from people who obviously don’t have a clue as to what is strong enough and always overbuild.

I made a huge mistake on my 1st layout after listening to those people that believe big is better. I built a beautiful 3.5 x 5 ft layout with ½” plywood and it now is abandoned up in the rafters of
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Before & After SD80MAC

by , 14th Feb 2012 at 03:50 AM (My Model RR Adventures)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozledguy View Post
    Well this loco has been sitting idle since forever it seems like and only recently I decided to order parts for it. Lets see it needed electrical pickups, light board, rear truck, shell. I finally got my Kato package today I was like a kid in a candy store. I know this is a silly post but its nice to see this locomotive back in working shape. Now all I have to do is buy myself an airbrush.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020393.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	24867
    Before

Name:	P1020394.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	24868
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Denver and Milwaukee Northern Shop Complex

Progress (slowly) continues for the D&MN Shop Complex. The Ash Pit is built, the Sanding Tower is built, the 2 main shop buildings are nearing completion. Next I have to start the Coaling Tower from N Scale Architects, build the Yard Office, scratchbuild a Transfer Table, start an Icehouse and Platform, build a Roundhouse and install a Turntable.

I've laid out the pieces to give a general sense of the size of the complex. There is a double track Mainline that runs through the ...
    Categories
    'N' Scale Related
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Building 3 Construction s.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	139.5 KB 
ID:	24816   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shop Complex Mock Up 3s.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	24817   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ash Pit 2 s.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	24818   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sanding Towers s.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	148.2 KB 
ID:	24819   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shop4.JPG 
Views:	169 
Size:	145.2 KB 
ID:	24820  
  5. Microtrains FT B unit info needed

by , 7th Feb 2012 at 12:43 AM (My Model RR Adventures)
    Im sure someday someone will find a use for this list.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozledguy View Post
    No sadly its not, Im trying to get MT to order parts for mine. I did some sniffing on the Net & found a parts list for the FT

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2005910125313_SAVE0002.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	153.6 KB 
ID:	24580

Name:	2005910125448_SAVE0001.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	152.2 KB 
ID:	24581