View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Source for 1890s/1900s images good enough for scratchbuild research?

Quote Originally Posted by jimil View Post
    I'm thinking about building a small diorama for my office. It would be an Adirondack logging railroad vignette from around 1908-1910. I've got the loco and more than enough info to build the log cars, scenery etc. However, I'd like to also include a box car or flat car. Finding info with sufficient detail is eluding me. Is there anything from this era (or even slightly earlier) anyone can point me to? I'd prefer in print books or web resources.

Thanks
    Edit:
    For those stumbling
    Tags: great stuff Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Transcontinental PRR in the basement

Quote Originally Posted by eric220 View Post
    Last week, I received two beautiful new Mk II Tower Controllers, which will provide support for the turnout controls, detection, and signalling for the rest of the upper level of the layout. I plopped them down, hooked them up, and went to my trusty old (and I do mean old) laptop to configure them through JMRI...

JMRI didn't have the decoder files for the Mk II's... No problem, I'll just update JMRI, which will include the new decoder files...

Except that
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. What are your other hobbies?

What other hobbies does everyone have?
    I just got back into R/C tanks, been into vintage cars for a very long time.
    Here's a photo of the car I'm going to restore.
    1962 Ford Fairlane 500 2 door sports coupe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	027.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	151.0 KB 
ID:	82495  
  4. Interrupt-itus.

Well, haven't made much progress since the last post. I was hoping to at least have a few of the support posts assembled this past weekend. Seems that when it looks like I might have some spare time, something comes along and gets in the way of RR time. I'm sure no one else has that problem, right? Anyhow, I did manage to get a few moments this evening. All the bases have been marked as to where the post will sit. I made a drilling template for the holes for the screws that will attach the ...
    Categories
    Construction
  5. Braces are all cut.

Tonight I was able to finish cutting the short and long braces. Somehow, I ended up with an extra one of each. Time for some remedial math? or stronger glasses? Maybe by the weekend, I can dig the drill press out and get it set up and ready to drill the pilot holes for the deck screws.
    Categories
    Construction