View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Lighting up the town Continued

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    It's unfortunate that some electronics sites haven't caught on to SMD LEDs as a item hobbyists like us would enjoy. But there are sources.

eBay is a great place to find just about anything electronics related, especially in quantities that are manageable for modelers. You just have to know the terms to search for. If you look for SMD LEDs, you'll see there are lots of different sizes and colors. You can see the sizes from this handy chart from Greg's article on Model Railroad Hobbyist:
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Lighting up the town

Finally got around to building my 4-way stop light:

This is made from a 3mm red LED with bits of heat-shrink tubing cut to fit as shrouds. It's tied in to an Ngineering flashing circuit.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. You ever wonder what happened to so and so...

So I think I'm all caught up on recent threads and have started digging into the archives of old stuff. Quite a few people come in all excited...post for a few weeks, then disappear, like shooting stars....I just have to wonder where they are today and whether they kept going with their layouts.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Lighting prep for structures

Hey Steve.

The type of structure may determine the best phasing for painting and installation. For lasercut buildings I usually paint the exterior and interior on the uncut sheets, the interior can just be spray paint black or brown.

For plastic/styrene buildings, I usually assemble the walls and either roof or floor, so everything is fairly stable. Then spray the interior, then the exterior. Or sometimes I get too excited and paint the exterior color first, then I
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. It's been a strange week

Face it friends, whether you're a model railroader or not, this has been a strange year. Maybe for me it has been a little stranger because for much of the year I've been recovering from heart surgery. Every time I think I am completely recovered, I feel a twinge, or a tug somewhere in my chest and the fleeting thought that "this is the end of it all!" only to have the tugging subside and again realize that it's just something in the recovery process. I was out like a porch light, so I ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 149 123451151101 ... LastLast