View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Modeling a cement structure with, well, cement

Here is a photo essay of how I am making my Tree Top juice plant. This is a cement structure in the prototype world and I decided the model would look best also made out of cement. Here are the photos of how I did it:

Day 1: start with a clean mold

Assemble the mold
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. introduction of myself and my future modeling railroads

hello my name is Dan and im from Idaho.

i was given N scale while i still had a great deal of HO when i belonged to a club near me. that was well over 10 years ago now. now im currently working on plans to build my own 16' X 30'+ layout. it will have 2 shortlines that was ran by the same company after 1986ish. the shortest of the 2 is the New Meadows Branch that was laid in Wieser, ID back in the early 20th century by the Pacific & Idaho Northern. as the name implys it ran from ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	INPR logo and slogan .jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	99591  
  3. Someone try to convince me ...

. . . that this forum isn't the best of its genre, regardless of scale or specific interest.

We all get along pretty doggone well here. Any spats are more of a fraternal nature -- and soon forgotten (well, unless some joker, namely me, gets on his high horse about code 80 rail).

Although I quit posting there almost a year ago, the forum linked to an online model railroading magazine has had remarkable run lately of rancorous or nearly-so topics regarding post contents, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. What are your other interests?

Aside from this hobby of ours, what other interests do you guys have?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. It's been a LONG hard Year

Hey Gang... Remember me??!!
    Well it's been a CRAZY Year:

Here is where we left off with my build.
    I had been making some really good progress with things if you were following my thread:
    (See Sig Line Below)
    Then Life happened.
    I lost an AC unit last summer, and that effectively killed every spare dollar I had to spend on the layout. It took a couple months to recover from that Then life the wife had some health issues that forced me to put everything on hold ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 140 123451151101 ... LastLast