View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

Anything related to prototype rail.

1. Ain't it funny how time slips away?

With apologies to Willie Nelson, greetings fellow N Scalers! I have been all over the place these last few weeks between working, rail fanning, and even some model building. In addition, I am supposed to get out and walk some as part of my recovery process following surgery. What I haven't had time for was blogging. So I'll do my best to make it up to you this week.

Pam and I were looking for someplace where we could walk indoors, as the weather had been uncooperative that week, ...
    Categories
    Prototype Related
  2. Uncovering the past

Hi all!

Last week Pam and I journeyed to Winthrop Mass with some old friends. We had come across an article about a narrow gauge railroad that used to run through Winthrop Mass, which is a small city located right under the runway flight path from Logan International Airport in East Boston. The line used to come over the bridge from "Eastie" and make a wide loop around the edge of Winthrop and rejoin the same line and return to the big city. Unlike the Darby Line, which ...

Updated 11th Jul 2020 at 10:38 PM by Albey25 (correction)

Categories
    Prototype Related
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Narrow gauge 2.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	112161   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pam Narrow Gauge.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	112160   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	narrow gauge 5.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	112159   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	narrow gauge downtown.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	112162   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Narrow gauge 3.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	112163  
  3. MBTA - Keolis Welded Rail Train at Belmont Massachusetts 6/9/2020

4. Equipment Frustrations

After a full two weeks, I have cancelled my original order for equipment from Tony's Train XChange. The cancellation policy unambiguously states "[o]rder cancellation requests must be submitted ... within 24 hours", which I have exceeded by at least 300 hours. Most of what I ordered was out of stock with an expected restocking time of 10 days, but I think it likely that the supply chain has been disrupted by the Wuhan virus.

I will not be receiving:
    • Kato N 106-6273
  5. Corned Beef and...

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast