View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Vintage Railroad Ad: New York Central - 1936

Vintage Railroad Ad: New York Central - 1936
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saturday Evening Post v209 n17 [1936-10-24]_0072.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	150.2 KB 
ID:	101796  
  2. Now What?

Hello all,
    Now that AZTEC Manufacturing has closed John was able to mill some first generation Kato and Atlas frames at a reasonable price. Having a few F7A's and B's too mill are there any alternatives?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Birthday and plans...

Spent a good part of my birthday yesterday thinking about my layout and looking up plans for card stock and scratch-built buildings including a great selection in the Downloads forum here at nScale.net. What a wonderful resource. The nice thing about the card stock buildings is I can apply some of my knowledge and experience in fine art and graphic design, both on the computer and manually. We'll see what develops! I'm sure I'll make a few mistakes, learn from them and have some fun in the process. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Recent New England Model Railroad Announcements JAN 2019

5. Back on the tracks and designing a layout

Restarting with a new layout. Going to use it to explore some new (to me) techniques for making buildings and scenery. Layout is a standalone 2' x 4' with an outlet for expansion. Hope to have some pics up at some point with its development and progress. May incorporate some sheetstock structures as well as kits with an eye towards refining which approach I find more fascinating and satisfying. Finding this site to be a wealth of info and ideas. The more I explore the more I find. Hoping to be a ...