View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Uncovering the past

Hi all!

Last week Pam and I journeyed to Winthrop Mass with some old friends. We had come across an article about a narrow gauge railroad that used to run through Winthrop Mass, which is a small city located right under the runway flight path from Logan International Airport in East Boston. The line used to come over the bridge from "Eastie" and make a wide loop around the edge of Winthrop and rejoin the same line and return to the big city. Unlike the Darby Line, which ...

Updated 11th Jul 2020 at 10:38 PM by Albey25 (correction)

Categories
    Prototype Related
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Narrow gauge 2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	112161   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pam Narrow Gauge.jpg 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	112160   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	narrow gauge 5.jpg 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	112159   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	narrow gauge downtown.jpg 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	112162   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Narrow gauge 3.jpg 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	112163  
  2. How a semi-retired n scaler spends his time.

Hi again everybody! I am not to be counted on! Here I go 6 years without blogging and then have two entries in just a couple of weeks. That said, just because I haven't blogged doesn't mean I haven't been active. My lighthouse scene is coming along, albeit slowly. I am still working at making a living even though I am well past 70, so you may be able to imagine that I get tired easily. While I'm relaxing I like to watch "How-To" videos on YouTube. There are several people doing this and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. MBTA - Keolis Welded Rail Train at Belmont Massachusetts 6/9/2020

4. Sooo...Anything new in the last six years?

Hi Everyone!

I guess I'd better do an update if this is going to make any sense at all. My last posts dealt with two things, my layout and my cable access TV show. I did 18 episodes of the show and then summer came, and my involvement with the Cape Cod Baseball League took center stage. For the second season of "Mini-Rails" I had eight or ten people lined up to visit and tour their layouts when our family life took at hit. Fallout included the sale of a piece of rental ...

Updated 14th Jun 2020 at 10:39 AM by Albey25

Categories
    'N' Scale Related
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scituate-Lighthouse[1] (2).jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	111352   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Early terrain lighthouse (2).jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	131.9 KB 
ID:	111353   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200430_141928 (2).jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	141.8 KB 
ID:	111354   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ocean getting close (2).jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	144.0 KB 
ID:	111388   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lighthouse capped.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	111509  
  5. Memorial in Corona times

Good afternoon , even in Corona times our King pays honor to those buried at Margraten Cemetery. For those who don't know it ( I tell about it every year , it's my way of thanking ) 8301 American soldiers lay buried here and there are 2 walls with the names of another 1722 who's bodies were never found. The graves are maintained by the American Battle Monuments Commission , the grounds have been lent to the USA for eternity as a token of honor and gratitude from The Netherlands . The graves ...
Page 1 of 146 123451151101 ... LastLast